Question good pc stuttering in newer games?

Apr 11, 2019
as the title states my pc
ryzen 5 2600
gigabyte rtx 2060 3 fan
16g ddr4 3200 ram
b450 tomahawk
stutters in newer titles(anthem, division 2, apex legends) I have no problems running older games and don't seem to stutter in heaven benchmark. my temps always stay below 70 on all components and ram usage seems to never exceed 11gb. I have installed all drivers for the motherboard and GPU, my best guess is that it is the API however I don't know much in this category.

Apr 12, 2019
Hey Kiz... just created an account to make a suggestion.. Recently bought the exact same card as you and was having stutter/microstutter on all games, whereas before on my 580 none of that ever happened.

After trying a few things, i fixed it by going into my device manager and disabling all of the Nvidia audio drivers (two for me). I have speakers plugged into motherboard and dont need the HDMI audio drivers that come with the your gpu driver package. I didnt see any mention of this issue or a fix for the clearly common issue of 2060 stutter issues in the patch notes for the new april 11 drivers released today, so im staying where I am for now... Hope this helps man... let me know! Peace!

Apr 11, 2019
thanks for the input man, I disabled the drivers and have the GPU driver updated, while the stutters seem to happen slightly less frequently now they are still very prominent, thank you anyway for your ideas.

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
I think those games are just poorly optimized titles.... Division 2 is by Ubisoft and while I haven't played it, I suspect it runs Denuvo DRM in the background constantly, this is "theorised" to artificially jack up resource cost on your machine, Just google Ubisoft DRM or Division 2 DRM, there are lots of articles, some people say its a big deal, some people dismiss it, its anti pirating software that they have running all the time with the game to make sure you're not cheating or stealing. Anthem I played in Beta, and while it may not be the same build as is now, I can confirm that game is optimized poorly, not your fault, and Apex kind of is optimized poorly too, Apex should run pretty good though in 1080p with global illumination off. Those are all just hard games to run well. Are these the only titles you have trouble with?

Apr 11, 2019
while I really would like to blame it on optimization for the games, they all seem to stutter in the same way, they all run at perfect 60 for a few seconds then pause for 0.5 seconds and the sometimes pause for even longer. I've seen people with much weaker hardware than mine get much more consistent fps. yes these are the only games that I have trouble with atm, like I said I suspect it has something to do with the games API(DirectX)

Apr 13, 2019
Uninstall the MSI nahimic audio driver it helps me fixing sttutering on Dying Light and Metro exodus. Just Install the Realtek. Also try stop and disble Windows virtualization Service.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019
Uninstall the MSI nahimic audio driver it helps me fixing sttutering on Dying Light and Metro exodus. Just Install the Realtek. Also try stop and disble Windows virtualization Service.
hi sorry for the late reply, but I can't seem to find the driver you're talking about, would you mind giving me a few steps?