Gosraj

Reputable
May 29, 2015
You'll definitely want a better PSU.
Maybe this:
SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.98 @ Newegg)
I'd personally also go for one big NVMe drive like:
Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($128.89 @ OutletPC)
But if you want the second disk as backup then i'd suggest the 500GB P1 as boot drive and a 1 or 2TB HDD.

Otherwise it looks good.

I'll look into a better PSU, is the current one just not enough wattage? And the extra SSD is just because that's what I have on my current PC (this thing sucks lol) so I was just gonna add it, hoping that it will save me from needing to reinstall everything and/or transfer files. And even if it doesn't work, I'm fine with just the TB

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I'll look into a better PSU, is the current one just not enough wattage? And the extra SSD is just because that's what I have on my current PC (this thing sucks lol) so I was just gonna add it, hoping that it will save me from needing to reinstall everything and/or transfer files. And even if it doesn't work, I'm fine with just the TB

not about the wattage more about quality, the psu you chose isnt a reliable one, tl;dr.

Gosraj

Reputable
May 29, 2015
You can move pictures, files and games to your new pc from the old disk as long as it's not a boot drive.
Windows and most programs require a fresh installation.

It is a boot drive, however if I'm not mistaken I can simply remove (uninstall I suppose) Windows beforehand and reuse the code for it on my new PC. Or I could transfer it onto a flash drive and make it the new boot drive, right?

Last edited:

Gosraj

Reputable
May 29, 2015

I appreciate this, however I'll probably still stick with Amazon because last time when I built my first PC I used websites like OutletPC and Newegg, and someone on the other side of the country got my credit card info and made huge purchases, I'm sure that they are normally safe websites (hence why everyone even big people like LinusTechTips use them) but I'd rather not risk it happening again.

I will be taking those cheaper options for different brands though!

Last edited:

Gosraj

Reputable
May 29, 2015
I have heard that a Vega 64 maybe isn't the best choice, but it's the only one that fits my criteria. Radeon VII is too expensive and anything below a Vega 64 isn't powerful enough... and I want AMD so I can use FreeSync

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Vega 64 is not a bad card, gtx 1080 performance or in some cases a tad bit better (it was worse at release), but it does eat a lot of power tho (only downside i can think of). so i dont think you need to feel bad about it ^_^ its very powerful and capable.