Good Performance/Silence CPU Cooler & Overheating problems [PLEASE HELP!]

hiti3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys I have been searching all over the web for a good CPU cooler with which I can OC' my cpu and also the main thing, that it is quiet.

At the moment I have an AMD x6 1090T 3,4 ghz cpu with stock cooler on it and it makes A LOT of noise! The noise bumps up when im gaming or working with programs.

Is it also maybe because I have my pc "squeezed" in my table, with no air allowance from its right side? (see the picture - yes the dust is quite big here but the loudness of the cooler was almost the same when dust filters were clean).

Is the problem that the air inside is to hot so the cpu cooler is only using the hot air from inside my case therefor is inexplicably loud? When I put my hand at the back of my case when the air goes out I can feel hotnes of the air going out...

Will the new Cooler resolve the issue? I was thinking maybe the Corsair H80 or H60?

Solution
This is a fine heatsink and will keep your cpu cool. Couple nice things in particular, 1) copper heatpipes are exposed and make contact with the cpu cover plate for very effective heat transfer, 2) you have the ability to put a 2nd fan on that heatsink to increase the airflow and improve the cooling. The two fans would be configured in what's call a "push-pull" set-up. Both fans blow in the same direction across the heatsink but one is pushing...
It's both the stock cooler isn't very good certainly is not meant for overclocking then the fact it's "squeezed" in the table is not allowing it to dispense air properly.The H-80i is decent you could always go cheaper Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

$35 cooler that will work magic. Seriously though, at this price, there’s no cooler out there can that beat this thing.

hiti3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

Okay, but is it quiet? Also I would like it to be quite powerfull so I can OC'. I wan't it to be good for future upgrades...

Take a look at is the reviews of the Top 5 CPU Heatsinks at Frostytech.

If you want a "money is no object" super quiet high performance cpu cooler, check out the Noctua NH-D14 Heatpipe CPU Cooler. Or if you want something more reasonably priced but still a great performer, look at the Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler.

Me personally, I have a SCYTHE "MUGEN" Heat Pipe CPU Cooler and it easily handles my i7-920 oc'd to 4GHz. It idles at 38C and has never gone above 57C. I definitely recommend the Mugen.

hiti3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

Okay, I just have a few questions, I have been searching for similar products on our market and found something that might be as good:

http://www.sestavi.si/index.php/item/display/16610/14494_cpu-hladilniki_enermax_hladilnik-za-procesor-enermax-ets-t40-tb.jpeg

What do you think about this?

Also tell me why shouldnt I choose a water cooling cooler like this one bellow and if I did where would I put those two fans, in the case or outside the case?

http://www.sestavi.si/index.php/item/display/18369/16748_vodna-hlajenja_enermax_vodno-hlajenje-enermax-elc240-.jpeg

This is a fine heatsink and will keep your cpu cool. Couple nice things in particular, 1) copper heatpipes are exposed and make contact with the cpu cover plate for very effective heat transfer, 2) you have the ability to put a 2nd fan on that heatsink to increase the airflow and improve the cooling. The two fans would be configured in what's call a "push-pull" set-up. Both fans blow in the same direction across the heatsink but one is pushing air into the heatsink while the other is pulling the air out of the heatsink. For the price and with a second fan it would make for an effective heatsink.

If you have the money to spend and the space in your case to install the radiator, then I can think of no reason to choose a fan/heatsink over the water cooler. Typically, the radiator/fan combos are installed inside the case either on the top or the rear of the case. This also depends on your case and if it can accommodate two 120mm fans at the top or the rear.

Regardless if which you choose, heatsink or radiator, you can always swap out the stock fans for a high cfm low dba style fan to minimize the noise...something like this one COOLER MASTER TURBINE MASTER MACH0.8.

Also, it won't matter which one you choose if you can't keep the dust form getting into the case, both the radiator and the heatsink will not do their job if your case has poor airflow or if the fans get coated in dust and particulates.

Solution

hiti3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010

Thanks for all of your answers and your time, I will go for the heatsink, just because I dont want to spend 100$+ for water cooling cooler and I really dont have the space to fit it anywhere other than outside.