lgtspecb

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Are there any good performing Intel Core 2 Duo boards with on-board video? I need to build a few office computers too support 3 monitors. I would not like to sacrifice performance for video, and without the cost of two expensive video cards.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
Both Asus (P5K-VM) & Gigabyte (G33M series) have good performing mATX mobos for Core 2 but I'm not sure about running the integrated video & a gfx card as well (which afaik you'll need for 3 monitors).
Both Asus (P5K-V) & Gigabyte G33-DS3R) also do a full ATX G33 board.

lgtspecb

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Thank you. I had picked the Intel DG965RYCK but then I was reviewing the motherboard manual before I purchased them and it states that it disables the on-board video if a pci-e card is added. I was thinking about the MSI G965M-FIR but cannot find this information in their manual.

I can look at the two you mentioned, MSI also has a new G33M-FI that could be added to the list. Will a SLI board support running two 16x pci-e cards independently too support 3 - 4 monitors? Or does SLI allow all 4 heads to work? Sorry, the only game I play is Diablo II on occasion so I don't keep up with the whole SLI and high-end graphics market. Just need 3 monitors on a few good performing workstations, and 4 monitors on one computer. Was looking at MSI P6N SLI Platinum and two MSI NX8600GT's for the quad monitor display.