Question Good power supply to replace my Corsair vs550?

Jun 30, 2019
I've ran in this problem that when I play games (mainly League of Legends) my screen turns pixelated and distorted while the speakers make buzzing sounds. After around 10 seconds the program crashes or the pc restarts. All of this started happening after I got a 1080x1920 monitor. I've tried updating drivers but the issue still happens. Someone told me this might be because of my PSU Corsair vs550 (I was told this is a tier 4 psu? which is just a tier above junk) Does it mean that my pc doesn't get enough power? That's why I decided to get a new one.
The problem is: I have no idea what PSU should I get. A lot of people suggest around 550 W which I currently have and some people suggest to go for 750 W so I can have more room to upgrade.
I only learned about pc parts 2 months ago so I have no idea.
Hope you can help me.

Do you have any recommendations for a PSU?

Budget: below 150euro

My pc parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VGHtP3

WildCard999

Titan
Last edited:
Reactions: King_V
Jun 30, 2019
A good quality 550W unit is enough for most single GPU gaming PC's, at the most go 650W.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€79.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €79.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-01 18:52 CEST+0200

Let us know if replacing the PSU fixes your issue or not.
Yes! I purchased and installed the PSU you adviced to get and it fixed the problem. Thank you very much!

Reactions: King_V