Question Good price and brand for a used 1080 Ti? Or should I get another card?

MrBaum07

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
I originally bought a Radeon VII a short time ago, but my budget suddenly got smaller, so I had to return the R7 (thankfully without any costs).

That means I now have to look for another high-end GPU and the only cheap choice I have are used 1080 Ti's. What would you call a good price and a good brand?

I live in Germany and the the cheapest but still trustworthy offer I've found is a KFA2 EXOC model for 500€. Would that, for example, be a good price?

Other offers I've found usually are between 500 and 600€, such as a ZOTAC Amp Extreme Core Edition for 590€ or a Gigabyte Aorus Model for 580€ or an MSI Armor OC for 550€ or a Palit Super Jetstream for 550€ or a Palit Jetstream GameRock Premium for 530€ (Is there any difference between this and the previous Palit?) or an EVGA SC2 for 590€ or an ASUS ROG Strix for 600€.

Which of those can you recommend?

Or should I get a completely different card?

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
First of all, brand isn't that important regarding graphics card performance. Some manufacturers may tweak frequencies a bit, but you can of course overclock it yourself. The only thing to take note of is the warranty. I heard that EVGA has good costumer support and even transferable warranty (but check twice to make sure).
Seconds, depends of where you are buying from. If you have the possibility to add "Show sold items" in the filters to get an idea about average price for that time. There are also manufacturers that sell refurbished cards, but are a little more expensive than second hand. Consider your choises.

MrBaum07

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
Can you order online?

If you're strapped for cash, consider an RX Vega 64. They are an excellent value right now. It's not as fast as a 1080 Ti, but you can save a lot of money and get it new.
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card (€377.99 @ Mindfactory)

I am already watching that card closely. However, I am really hesitant because of the game I'm playing: Heavily modded Skyrim.
That eats a lot of VRAM and I don't know whether 8GB of VRAM are enough for my desires. That is why I originally got an R7.

Then again, some people manage to make their game look absolutely stunning with a GTX 980 or a 1060...

The Nitro+ is one of the best versions available, isn't it? I think only PowerColor Red Devil and the Liquid Cooled Edition are better, but both aren't available anymore.

MrBaum07

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
First of all, brand isn't that important regarding graphics card performance. Some manufacturers may tweak frequencies a bit, but you can of course overclock it yourself. The only thing to take note of is the warranty. I heard that EVGA has good costumer support and even transferable warranty (but check twice to make sure).
Seconds, depends of where you are buying from. If you have the possibility to add "Show sold items" in the filters to get an idea about average price for that time. There are also manufacturers that sell refurbished cards, but are a little more expensive than second hand. Consider your choises.

Is KFA2 a good brand then? The offer is really attractive and not only because of the price.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Is KFA2 a good brand then? The offer is really attractive and not only because of the price.
Depends. I dont't know about KFA2's customer support or transferable warranty. It's certain that second hand cards are quite cheaper, but they are still used. that being said I've seen a refurbished 1080Ti on Evga's website for just under $600 and they offer 1 year warranty. Quite a lityle more, but you have a warranty from a reputable manufactuter.
The answear is that the KFA2 card is open-box or comes with a warranty, then go for it. Otherwise consider another model or another card.