Good price for this graphics card?

Solution
Their claim that "they fixed their stock issue" hasn't lowered the price back to anywhere near the MSRP. The price will only be lowered if their competitors are also lowering their prices.

How long are you willing to wait for the cryptocurrency mining craze to die off and for the prices to drop back to reasonable levels? Memory Express' price for that card reached a peak of $629.99 CAD back in February and is now slowly dropping back down. If cryptocurrency mining demand has indeed dropped off it may be few/couple more months before prices return to a more reasonable level.

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Yes I do live in Canada. Is this a bad price for Canadian dollar? Also if I order from a US site id probably have to pay more for shipping and duty fees

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

I live in Canada. Bad or good?

Six months ago Memory Express was selling that exact same model card for $424.99 CAD.

MSRP didn't increase but price gouging due to stock shortage has.

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Just got off the phone with them they said they fixed their stock issue. Should I wait it out a bit?

Their claim that "they fixed their stock issue" hasn't lowered the price back to anywhere near the MSRP. The price will only be lowered if their competitors are also lowering their prices.

How long are you willing to wait for the cryptocurrency mining craze to die off and for the prices to drop back to reasonable levels? Memory Express' price for that card reached a peak of $629.99 CAD back in February and is now slowly dropping back down. If cryptocurrency mining demand has indeed dropped off it may be few/couple more months before prices return to a more reasonable level.

Solution

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
To answer your question "Is this a good price" ultimately that is up to you. If you have to have it now and that is the best price you can find and you are willing to pay the asking price, then yes it is a good price for you. If you don't have to have it now and don't mind waiting a month or even a few then you will probably see the price come down as Etherium and the like become less profitable. It really is that simple. I am one that will wait until I find the price I feel is right and one of the most horrible things you can do to yourself is continue to check the price after you made the purchase. The item will almost always be cheaper later and something new will be available or on its way. Do what makes you happy.