Good price/quality IPS display for gaming

RefererNL

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Hello!

I'm planning to buy a new display and I've read IPS/LPS displays have a much better color presentation compared to (my old) tft's for example, and I really value the appeal of a game. I currently have a 5 year old 21 inch Samsung SyncMaster.

I'm not sure which display I should buy. I also don't know which size suits me best. I sit quite close to my display so I think a 23 or 24 inch would be best?

I've recently bought a R9 290 GPU and I want to improve my gaming experience even further. I've read in some other topics people advise others with strong GPU's to get a 27" monitor or even bigger to 'get out the full potential'. I've already spent a lot of money on my GPU and I don't want to buy a very expensive monitor but I would really like to buy a display with a great price/quality ratio that really improves my gaming experience.

I've read the reaction times of IPS/LPS display are quite slower than tn monitors so that's a point of interest.

After research I found out the 23" EIZO FORIS FS2333 with a reaction time of 3.4ms was highly appraised a year ago. And I was wondering if that display would be a good buy, looking at my description? If not, what display could you advise for a budget of about €300/400$?

Thanks in advance!

RefererNL