ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
So my seasonic 1050x died and I need a new psu, i dont really want something really premium at the moment cause i just want to fix my pc as soon as possible and was not in my plans to upgrade.

So if you can recommend something how would you say it, that does the job not that expensive probably a 80 bronze modular if possible.

Thanks

Solution
Ill try to check with this guy with a good pc to see if the 750ti gives flckering connected to several monitors, if the result is the same then is most likely the 750ti was faulty before my friend lent it to me and all was a coincidence, if it doesnt flickrs like my system does then the mobo is the one giving problems.

In this moment is almost impossible to me to buy new parts cause i am short of cash, the 1080ti most likely is dead so the reason to my black screen is the gpu, however i still want to know what really happened that killed my gpu so i can decide if i should just buy a new gpu when i manage to save some cash (they are really really expensive at this moment) or if i will need to replace mobo...
You need a quality 650w or above to run that configuration. Typically I wont go below Tier A, or selective units from Tier B...

Reactions: ElToroXCI

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
For the start, what's your PC specs, country and budget ?

Ah yes sorry, totally forgot to put it in the post body

1080ti strix oc
i7 4820k
Asus rampage IV extreme
32 gb ram g skill + mushkin black
2 samsung evo ssd
1 hdd
Some NZXT HUE leds
One corsair h100 radiator for the cpu
5 fans

I run a triple monitor setup

Budget: The less possible, as i was not planning to upgrade, probably something bronze and just enough for my system.

Last edited:

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Can you provide links for some Mexican stores then ?

This is probably the best one with the better prices.

And Amazon for México región

Other stores will most likely have exagerrated prices cause they accepts credit.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: something accesible would be top 2000 pesos

Last edited:

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
https://www.cyberpuerta.mx/Computo-...ld-24-pin-ATX-120mm-750W.html#user-form=login

I was also checking that one.

It kinda dissapoints me is not modular but I think i wont be able to find something modular for that price.

As long as it works and protect my pc I am fine with it.

Last edited:

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Yes, it should be enough. Your system typically will consume about 350-400W and peak at around 450W.

Sorry for the long time with no reply, i think ill go with the rgb one, my pc is actually at a pc shop as it was giving me problems and I had no other components to verify by myself.

It basically gave me the black screen when gaming so it could be the GPU or PSU, i am confident it is psu by many reasons.

Here is the post in case you are curious

Anyway as soon is confirmed is the PSU ill get that one, they might be able to get it from their distribuitor from a few extra bucks if no ill go and buy it at cyberpuerta.

Sorry for the long time with no reply, i think ill go with the rgb one, my pc is actually at a pc shop as it was giving me problems and I had no other components to verify by myself.

It basically gave me the black screen when gaming so it could be the GPU or PSU, i am confident it is psu by many reasons.

Here is the post in case you are curious

Anyway as soon is confirmed is the PSU ill get that one, they might be able to get it from their distribuitor from a few extra bucks if no ill go and buy it at cyberpuerta.
The shop should be able to identify the problem, because they have spare parts to test it out. Black screens are often a GPU issue in my experience, so PSU issue is less likely. It can still be the PSU, though. Hopefully the shop will figure out that because I have no way of telling.

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
The shop should be able to identify the problem, because they have spare parts to test it out. Black screens are often a GPU issue in my experience, so PSU issue is less likely. It can still be the PSU, though. Hopefully the shop will figure out that because I have no way of telling.

Bad news, you guys were right the component which didnt work was the GPU, my 1080ti apparently died

So now that I dont have warranty what comes next? I was not planning buying a new gpu and with this prices probably even less now.

Can this gpus be fixed, do I need to look for any important sign when I open it, my best friend is mechatronic so he already told me thst he will come one of this days and to check it, however i wanted to know if there were any important signs where to start.

The guy at the shop he said he didnt even opened it or anything so maybe something can still be done.

Any sugesttion?

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Clean it well, pust fresh paste on it. See if that helps.

I actually changed thermal paste, placed grizzly krynout, but the truth is, i didnt really clean the GPU at all, only the old thermal, ill go and do a intensive clean area by area to see if this helps, hopefully it will work.

I know is mere luck at this point but I lose nothing trying.

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I need

I really need your help now guys, after the technician told me that the problem was my gpu I went and plugged the 750ti my friend lend me, it was all good at least the basic, i started playing gta and all of the sudden it went black screen again now with the 750ti.

Now i am totally lost for real, he said he tried a 1030 for 3 hours and gave him no problem, but I plugged in the 750ti and all good until I started gaming an intensive game.

I dont want to go like a scrateched CD but man this doesnt make sense, or it is that both gpus I have here are dead or is the PSU or the motherboard, tomorrow i am gonna call him again and ask him some stuff just to confirm my theory.

1030 and 750ti are gpus that doesnt even have pins i feel that the problem goes after it start requiring more power, eg gta in ultra.

I know the GPU wont handle gta in ultra but the thing is it did, at 30 fps max but it did, it would crash to desktop not whole pc.

Could anyone gave me a theory to try to understand.

I need

I really need your help now guys, after the technician told me that the problem was my gpu I went and plugged the 750ti my friend lend me, it was all good at least the basic, i started playing gta and all of the sudden it went black screen again now with the 750ti.

Now i am totally lost for real, he said he tried a 1030 for 3 hours and gave him no problem, but I plugged in the 750ti and all good until I started gaming an intensive game.

I dont want to go like a scrateched CD but man this doesnt make sense, or it is that both gpus I have here are dead or is the PSU or the motherboard, tomorrow i am gonna call him again and ask him some stuff just to confirm my theory.

1030 and 750ti are gpus that doesnt even have pins i feel that the problem goes after it start requiring more power, eg gta in ultra.

I know the GPU wont handle gta in ultra but the thing is it did, at 30 fps max but it did, it would crash to desktop not whole pc.

Could anyone gave me a theory to try to understand.
So did the technician replaced the PSU as well? Did you try the 750 ti with a different PSU or the same PSU? And is your buddy's 750 Ti guaranteed to be working normally?

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
So did the technician replaced the PSU as well? Did you try the 750 ti with a different PSU or the same PSU? And is your buddy's 750 Ti guaranteed to be working normally?

Well he did say that he tried the GPU in a different pc with a different PSU However I am starting to think he lied cause there is simply no way it support a 1030 but not a 750ti.

He probably did some quick test notices the GPU turn off and say yeah is the GPU, i mean it doesnt surprise me, thats the best store in Town and the greatest gpu they have on sell is a 1030, he literally used the same gpu they are selling to test my pc.

Yes his 750ti was good, he used to play apex with that one when he was in the office, he has a laptop so he lend it to me to be able to play with him now that the battle pass is on.

Even weirder, the 750ti today that I just turned the pc on is working fine.

I will try to recreate the error plug the 1080ti see if it crashes and then after it crashes plug the 750ti and if it crashes too that means is not the GPU right?

I am calling the pc shop to ask with more detail what the hell he did but they are not picking up, man they just made me lost time. Sigh.

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
If it's the EXACT same thing that happens then it's not the GPU.

So after testing the 750ti for a while i was not able to recreate the black screen crash, however my screen flickrs in any monitor i am using, sometimes is a flickr some other times is like no signal for 2 seconds then normal for some minutes then flickr for like 30 seconds is weird it didnt even make that error at my friend pc.

Still the truth is that even with flickering I was not able to recreate crash so with not enough proof all still points to my 1080ti to be faulty.

Tomorrow my friend will be able to open it and check it ill let you know if he detects a failure.