LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Hi, I m not following the psu market and news, I don t know nothing about elettronic and electronic engeneer.
Which are good psu?
I know seasonic do good psu and I also know there is a gigabyte psu and the lux from aerocool that are explosive.
In general which brand are good and which I shuld avoid?
I m a bit confused cause some people(professional) say to avoid some cooler master psu and other are suggested but the name of the psu are similar.
Also I remembre in 2016 corsair had made an horrible psu called like vs or something like.
Thanks for who reply

Solution
You're actually quite accurate with your memories. :)

Seasonic pretty much only makes quality products, except for a Focus Plus series that had some issues (and are fixed by now). There was a Gigabyte that exploded, as well as a "Replace immediately!" call on the AeroCool LUX and VX power supplies. Corsairs Orange VS (the 2012 model) is also to be avoided but is ooold, so you won't be encountering that anymore.

Generally Seasonic and Corsair are the go-to brands, though some other manufacturers can make very good PSUs as well. Some suggestions: Good budget high tier PSUs are the Corsair TX650M, MSI MPG A650GF, EVGA SuperNOVA G6, etc. Those are all 70 dollars or below, all in the A tier.

Maybe I should reply with questions. What is...
You're actually quite accurate with your memories. :)

Seasonic pretty much only makes quality products, except for a Focus Plus series that had some issues (and are fixed by now). There was a Gigabyte that exploded, as well as a "Replace immediately!" call on the AeroCool LUX and VX power supplies. Corsairs Orange VS (the 2012 model) is also to be avoided but is ooold, so you won't be encountering that anymore.

Generally Seasonic and Corsair are the go-to brands, though some other manufacturers can make very good PSUs as well. Some suggestions: Good budget high tier PSUs are the Corsair TX650M, MSI MPG A650GF, EVGA SuperNOVA G6, etc. Those are all 70 dollars or below, all in the A tier.

Maybe I should reply with questions. What is your budget? What wattage do you think you need? If you don't know, can you list your computer parts in your next post? Also, do you overclock?

Let me know. Please do mention me like @taeioum, or I might miss your reply. :geek:

Solution