[SOLVED] Good quality PSUs with grey front?

Mar 13, 2020
Hi,

I am planning a sleeper build and am looking for a +600W ATX PSU with decent quality, but I dont want it to be black. It does not need to be modular, but of cause that would be nice.

I find plenty of black PSUs with good reviews that seems good, but grey PSUs are typically budget and poor quality.

Is there some brand that makes good grey PSUs or am I better off buying a good black PSU and then try to put it in a salvaged gray PSU casing?

Solution
also what about the other one ?
Seasonic SS-500ET-T3 its quite decent 500w bronze rated and its bare metal isnt that enough for you ?
if you can get away with this then dont bother painting and swapping internals
Mar 13, 2020
Yea, with grey I mean bare metal...

Yea, I suppose painting is also an option... or maybe even putting on some paint removal stuff?

Last edited:
Hi,

I am planning a sleeper build and am looking for a +600W ATX PSU with decent quality, but I dont want it to be black. It does not need to be modular, but of cause that would be nice.

I find plenty of black PSUs with good reviews that seems good, but grey PSUs are typically budget and poor quality.

Is there some brand that makes good grey PSUs or am I better off buying a good black PSU and then try to put it in a salvaged gray PSU casing?
How 'bout this?
Seasonic Focus GX-650

907782981201AC821EA647DE8808192A.jpg

Jan 4, 2020
SilverStone Nightjar Fanless Titanum NJ600 600W
its bare metal but its fanless
80 PLUS Titanium
or choice number 2
Seasonic SS-500ET-T3
its 500w 80 Plus Bronze, bare metal
others are either cheap housefire or unknown dodgy brands.
choice number 3
get silver plastidip paint the psu dont like how it turned out ? just peel it down from it

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjoessi
Mar 13, 2020
Yea, since this is an old retro case with air-flow already limited, not taking the opportunity to blow heat out from the PSU might be a bad idea. But it looks nice otherwise.

Maybe my best bet is to buy a decent consumer PSU and then getting a used cheap industrial PSU off ebay and swap the content.

Jan 4, 2020
also what about the other one ?
Seasonic SS-500ET-T3 its quite decent 500w bronze rated and its bare metal isnt that enough for you ?
if you can get away with this then dont bother painting and swapping internals

Last edited:
Solution