Question Good quality storage for good price?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. I build my pc few years ago with standart configuration ssd 240 gb + 1 tb hdd. So my hdd is full right now, and I wanna buy larger storage to save my files and data. Maybe somebody can recommend something reliable, fast, large and for good price? Also my mobo is old so my 6 gb/s ports in use. Thanks.

HD storage is in the commodity category, meaning sugar brand#1=sugar brand#2=sugar brand#3, not a whole lot of difference.

It boils down what's available at your locale. I would buy one with the 3 years warranty, blue or red? and don't forget to budget for backup, don't come crying ur attacked by a ransomware and now what to do, because then is too late. I would also buy most storage-for-buck, meaning the less you have to pay per megabyte, do simple math, I don't know what the latest pricing.

popatim

Titan
Without knowing if your motherboard supports drives larger then 2 tb you shouldn't go larger then that.

For a performance drive (7200rpm) it's hard to beat the price of a 2tb Barracuda.

for a regular drive (5400rpm) i like the WD Blue but check your local pricing. It's typically only about $5 less the Barracuda.