[SOLVED] Good RAM for MAXIMUS XII HERO Z409?

Solution
You chose a very good, but somewhat expensive motherboard, so the assumption would be that it's also going to house a rather large cpu that ends in K, with a sizable gpu that's probably at least 2x as expensive as the cpu.

That's the kind of build that lasts 5ish years and can game with anything. Starwars already recommends 32Gb of ram. Anything running a Virtual Machine should have at least 32Gb of ram. Diving into 4k gaming? 16Gb of ram is going to be pushing it close, some games are already pushing that limit.

$400 motherboard, $500 cpu, $1000 gpu and 16Gb the same size as I've been using for 7 years now?

Cas16, 32Gb, double the size for less than 2x 16Gb kits. Factory tested for full compatability, no need for latter add-ons that...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You chose a very good, but somewhat expensive motherboard, so the assumption would be that it's also going to house a rather large cpu that ends in K, with a sizable gpu that's probably at least 2x as expensive as the cpu.

That's the kind of build that lasts 5ish years and can game with anything. Starwars already recommends 32Gb of ram. Anything running a Virtual Machine should have at least 32Gb of ram. Diving into 4k gaming? 16Gb of ram is going to be pushing it close, some games are already pushing that limit.

$400 motherboard, $500 cpu, $1000 gpu and 16Gb the same size as I've been using for 7 years now?

Cas16, 32Gb, double the size for less than 2x 16Gb kits. Factory tested for full compatability, no need for latter add-ons that may or may not be compatible.
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($227.99 @ Newegg)

This is what the build really could use to be complete, costs more, but Cas14, and is a good complement for bling. It's called Royal for a reason.
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory ($389.99 @ Newegg)

Well over budget, sorry for that, but I'm of the opinion that you seem to have excellent taste in equipment and shortchanging the ram is a disservice. Ppl don't choose the Maximus boards just for their looks.

Solution

Cas16, 32Gb, double the size for less than 2x 16Gb kits. Factory tested for full compatability, no need for latter add-ons that may or may not be compatible.
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($227.99 @ Newegg)

This is what the build really could use to be complete, costs more, but Cas14, and is a good complement for bling. It's called Royal for a reason.
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory ($389.99 @ Newegg)

Well over budget, sorry for that, but I'm of the opinion that you seem to have excellent taste in equipment and shortchanging the ram is a disservice. Ppl don't choose the Maximus boards just for their looks.
Very good choices if you’d like to spend more.

Latest posts