Question Good ram for my system (upgrading to 16gb)

jdaprile18

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
I heard that ram is very cheap rn and 8gb really dosnt cut it for most games. Ive also been told to upgrade my ram first, im thinking 16gb is probably good enough so im really just looking to get 2 sticks of 8 but i dont know what type or model of ram would be good enough.
My specs are
gtx 1070
R5 1500
8gb ddr4 corsair ram stick
i also dont have an ssd
Does anyone have any ram upgrades that would be good for playing games like star citizen and other ram intensive games, id prefer to spend below 200 but im open to really good sticks above it.

jdaprile18

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Any 2x8GB dual channel kit is gonna work fine. Preferably try to get a 3000mhz kit at least. I would recommend G.Skill the most for AMD systems as it seems G.Skill plays the best out of all brands with Ryzen.
thanks for the answer, i found the ripjaw sticks i think im gonna get but apparently ryzen 5 1500xs cant clock to 3000mhz, however i heard that that speed isnt really all that important, should i still consider getting it? its only 79, so its a lot cheaper than the last time i bought ram, so if its not a problem, ill probably go with this