Question good ram

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
hey there right now i have 4x4gb of Patriot Viper Elite i was looking to upgrade one 16 gb stick or 2x8 and keep my other 4gb. I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on good ram thats not to price

lynx1021

Distinguished
Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.
Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) If so the service tag#, case model or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.
Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) If so the service tag#, case model or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts
Graphics card-2060 Rtx
Cpu-I7 7700
Motherboard-Msi b250 pc mate
Ram-4x Patriot Viper Elite 4gb (16gb)
Power supply - CORSAIR CX Series CX750
Ssd #1- Samsung 500gb evo
Ssd #2crucial mx500 1tb

lynx1021

Distinguished
If you want to use the same brand patriot makes a 16GB kit pv416g240c5qk or 32GB kit PV432G240c5QK that is specifically for your board but I looked and it looks like they quit making it, everyone is out of stock, may find some on eBay. Is yours 2400MHZ?

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
If you want to use the same brand patriot makes a 16GB kit pv416g240c5qk or 32GB kit PV432G240c5QK that is specifically for your board but I looked and it looks like they quit making it, everyone is out of stock, may find some on eBay. Is yours 2400MHZ?
Ya I can grab them I was just wondering if there was a better brand so to say. Such as the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB they have it on Amazon the 3000mhz is the same price as 2666 so I might as well get 3000 but do you know if it will work

Last edited:

lynx1021

Distinguished
The only way you can know if it will work is if the manufacture says so. I tried to use the Corsair memory finder and it showed a few but when I clicked on show more it would not work. Amazon says it is not sure. May be you can get it to work https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/memoryfinder Also like logainofhades said "Ram should be in matched pairs. So either do a 2x8gb kit, or a 2x16gb kit, or a 4x8gb, if you want more ram. This of course depends on what your motherboard supports, and ram limitations" Different brands and different frequency's don't go together.

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
The only way you can know if it will work is if the manufacture says so. I tried to use the Corsair memory finder and it showed a few but when I clicked on show more it would not work. Amazon says it is not sure. May be you can get it to work https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/memoryfinder Also like logainofhades said "Ram should be in matched pairs. So either do a 2x8gb kit, or a 2x16gb kit, or a 4x8gb, if you want more ram. This of course depends on what your motherboard supports, and ram limitations" Different brands and different frequency's don't go together.
Okay then you I will stick to paritot and have 2x4 and 2x8