[SOLVED] Good review for a netgear Nighthawk router

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi

I have a netgear nighthawk r7000p router and I'm dissapointed with the speed of the router getting into websites watching you tube videos slow. I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has another netgear nighthawk router that they (know) because they own one that will deliver better speed (On a wired connection) I guess I mean a higher up from the r7000p I have looked at all kinds of reviews on Amazon and youtube videos but really couldn't tell me much.

Thank you!!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi

I have a netgear nighthawk r7000p router and I'm dissapointed with the speed of the router getting into websites watching you tube videos slow. I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has another netgear nighthawk router that they (know) because they own one that will deliver better speed (On a wired connection) I guess I mean a higher up from the r7000p I have looked at all kinds of reviews on Amazon and youtube videos but really couldn't tell me much.

Thank you!!
Have tried a factory reset of your existing router?
Websites performance could be your DNS server being slow. Are you using Google for DNS?