Good router to get'

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Any body has any good routers to recommend, I am kind of tired of restarting the DLink 624 G Plus super duper blahblah router with it's disconnection safety "features". I would like to spend a little more and get a NORMAL behavior out of da thing (stay connected ALL the time).

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
heh, after spending 5 (that's FIVE) days in thorough readings and browsings I have made a conclusion to go with WRT54GS and get Lavasoft's firmware. Thank you ALL for your replies (especially <b>Mr. folken</b>), they were all very informative and entertaining, hope to get the same feedback in the future (you ALL are very knowladjabell "personnel", right;?)

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
I suggest sending your di-624 back on warranty and getting a new one. I think they had some problem with the production of them routers when they first came out. I was having the same problem as you with my di-624 till i sent it back and got a new one.
BTW, right now i'm not actually using the di-624, I'm using the di-614+. And i'd recommend it. Even though it's only wirelessB it is supper reliable. Have never had a random reboot in the 3 months of using it. It's signal range is also better than my di-624(that's why i'm using it right now).

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 512mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I gave it to a guy with cable inet, he's wired and does not need wireless, so it should be working fine there. The latest 624 has the same thing with disconnecting. My guess is that since Netgear has the same (even maybe less) problem with that same chipset, it is a chipset's problem and not the router manufacturer. Linksys uses different chipset, and while it is not reaching that far, it is stable as far as connectivity goes (and a little speedier as well).

I would use B version, but I am throwing files back and forth all the time, so little speed won't hurt ;)