Good S370 MicroATX board?

Col_Kiwi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
A friend is looking for a micro-ATX board to use with a 1ghz celeron and PC-133 memory which he already has. Must be micro ATX as he's looking to use a small case, and must work with those componants.

IIRC, a 440BX (if i can find it in micro-atx..) would perform better than an 815, no?

Anyone have any specific board reccomendations? Would be helpful :smile:

-Col.Kiwi

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, the BX performs better than the i815, which performs better than the VIA chipsets. Other chipsets aren't worth thinking about.

I actually had a few AT BX boards, these are smaller than Micro ATX! But alas, they are expensive and mostly reserved for upgrading old industrial PC's, etc. You'd have to look at places like eBay for a BX board since the chipset has been out of production for a couple years.

So you'd probably find it easier to go with an i815 board. The Asus CUSL2-M would be good, they probably make a TUSL2-M as well (with Tualatin support for future upgrades).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>