Nov 12, 2019
Hey, im planning to build a pc and wonder if this is a good build !

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: XFX RX 580 GTS Edition
Mobo: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
RAM: GEiL Super Luce Sync RGB AMD Edition (2x18)
HDD : Seagate 1TB
SSD: Samsung 860 M.2 SATA 250gb
Case: Pure base 500 with 3 pure wings 2 fans
Monitor : LG24MK600

I play csgo and dota a lot, but i want to get in on AAA games. I don't care about graphics, do you think it can run well and how about future proofing?

Solution
Yeah, if you don't mind dialing back the settings in AAA games from ultra to a mix of high and medium, you can still get 60fps with a rx 570, it's about 10fps slower the the rx 580. Since you want a build for the future, I would definitely invest a tad more in the motherboard before other upgrades.

Do peruse around for a board a bit, those 3 examples were just that, examples, there are many b450 boards out there.
I would skip the 860 m.2 and get an actual nvme m.2 like a intel 660p, sx8200 or a cheaper sx6000 .

There isn't really a reason(unless they're the same/cheaper price) to go for the MAX variant of your motherboard as you are using a 2nd gen chip and the MAX variants merely ensure out of box compatibility with 3rd gen chips.
I'd actually skip that board in general as it looks to built quite cheaply. I'd go for a higher model like a, b450 gaming plus, b450m tuf, or a aorus m .
If you're looking for the cheapest possible, keep an eye out for a asrock b450m-pro4~$70.

Which case variant did you pick? If no clear side panel, no reason to go with rgb ram.

The case is using quiet fans, but heads up, the cpu and gpu coolers will be making a racket regardless.

Your monitor is capped at 60hz, so a rx580 will be fine.

What power supply are you planning to use?

Nov 12, 2019
I would skip the 860 m.2 and get an actual nvme m.2 like a intel 660p, sx8200 or a cheaper sx6000 .

There isn't really a reason(unless they're the same/cheaper price) to go for the MAX variant of your motherboard as you are using a 2nd gen chip and the MAX variants merely ensure out of box compatibility with 3rd gen chips.
I'd actually skip that board in general as it looks to built quite cheaply. I'd go for a higher model like a, b450 gaming plus, b450m tuf, or a aorus m .
If you're looking for the cheapest possible, keep an eye out for a asrock b450m-pro4~$70.

Which case variant did you pick? If no clear side panel, no reason to go with rgb ram.
The case is using quiet fans, but heads up, the cpu and gpu coolers will be making a racket regardless.

Your monitor is capped at 60hz, so a rx580 will be fine.

What power supply are you planning to use?

Hey thank you for replying!

For the ssd, i will consider buying the nvme, thank you for the suggestion. They have a 20 $ difference, is the increase in speed be worth it?

For the mobo, are there any difference between those gaming motherboards and a normal one like the pro-m2 ? I just knew that MAX is for ryzen 3rd gen so thank you for informing me.

I pick the black one with a side panel, but im planning to change it to KLEVV BOLT X since its more low profile (i dont like rgb actually)

So the gpu and cpu will make noise regardless ? Any tips for dampening it?

I will use the be quiet system power u9 600W.

Thank you once again !

The pro-m2 is just a generally inferior board and is made of shoddy materials. It'll probably work but who knows for how long. Check around the forum for recommended boards, many topics on that.

You won't really notice a speed difference in day to day tasks with the nvme, it's more noticeable with file transfers and productivity, maybe a couple seconds in games . The ones I linked are 512gb rather then 250gb, you can get 250gb, but games have only been getting larger and a larger ssd will hold more for a small premium.

If you still lean to a sata m.2 ssd, I'd rather have a normal 2.5" sata drive as you only have one m.2 nvme slot and if you ever want to get a nvme drive, you would have to discard the old one, just a tad wasteful imo.
You can install msi afterburner and set a fan profile to keep the gpu from ramping up all the time. Outside of that, no real way to quiet the gpu down outside of water cooling or aftermarket air coolers or diy fan replacement(last resort lol).

The stock cpu fan isn't terribly loud, but is louder then the case fans at idle and can get quite toasty under load.
You can set the fan profile in the bios along with amd's cool and quiet feature set.
You can of course upgrade the cpu cooler at any time, but I'd personally wait and see if the temps/noise are within tolerable limits before committing to a new cooler. The most inexpensive quiet cooler I can think of is the scythe mugen 5, guess you can look into that and others in the meanwhile.

Nov 12, 2019
The pro-m2 is just a generally inferior board and is made of shoddy materials. It'll probably work but who knows for how long. Check around the forum for recommended boards, many topics on that.

You won't really notice a speed difference in day to day tasks with the nvme, it's more noticeable with file transfers and productivity, maybe a couple seconds in games . The ones I linked are 512gb rather then 250gb, you can get 250gb, but games have only been getting larger and a larger ssd will hold more for a small premium.

If you still lean to a sata m.2 ssd, I'd rather have a normal 2.5" sata drive as you only have one m.2 nvme slot and if you ever want to get a nvme drive, you would have to discard the old one, just a tad wasteful imo.
You can install msi afterburner and set a fan profile to keep the gpu from ramping up all the time. Outside of that, no real way to quiet the gpu down outside of water cooling or aftermarket air coolers or diy fan replacement(last resort lol).

The stock cpu fan isn't terribly loud, but is louder then the case fans at idle and can get quite toasty under load.
You can set the fan profile in the bios along with amd's cool and quiet feature set.
You can of course upgrade the cpu cooler at any time, but I'd personally wait and see if the temps/noise are within tolerable limits before committing to a new cooler. The most inexpensive quiet cooler I can think of is the scythe mugen 5, guess you can look into that and others in the meanwhile.
Do you think its wise to get an RX 570 instead , but improve on other components such as the motherboard and storage ? I believe this option is good for future upgrades too ?

Yeah, if you don't mind dialing back the settings in AAA games from ultra to a mix of high and medium, you can still get 60fps with a rx 570, it's about 10fps slower the the rx 580. Since you want a build for the future, I would definitely invest a tad more in the motherboard before other upgrades.

Do peruse around for a board a bit, those 3 examples were just that, examples, there are many b450 boards out there.

Solution
Nov 12, 2019

Okay , i will consider it more. Thank you so much dude !