Question Good setup/RIG?

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya folks,

So I am going to be upgrading my entire setup as I need more than 1 monitor and my PC is starting to show its age. It currently has an i7-920, GTX 970 from MSI, 1TB SSHD from Seagate, 6GB RAM and the Giagbyte EX58-UD5 motherboard. I am thinking about getting a 1TB SSD, 9700k or 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme, Corsair 1000D case, 32GB RAM, Custom waterloop for CPU, RTX 2080 from Asus and some other parts. Let me know if you want to know them =)

I have some questions about monitors
I am going to get some new monitors as 1 just isn't enough for me. I was thinking of 2 layouts. 1 was having 4 monitors. 3 25" Alienware monitors and then a 34" Alienware above them and 2 was having x2 25" Alienware on the sides and the 34" in the middle. Let me know what would look better 😊
I could also have the 34" on a seperate stand so when I am watching a video or a friend comes over, I can bring it down overtop of the other ones and use it.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Knowing your whole system will give us better judgement

All good

STORAGE - 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD
MOBO - Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU - i7 9700k, 9900k or new 3000 series from Ryzen (Custom waterloop for CPU and maybe GPU eventually)
RAM - 32GB HyperX Predator 4x8GB @3200mhz
GPU - Asus RTX 2080 OC Edition or Asus RTX 2080ti OC Edition
CASE - Corsair Obsidian 1000D
PSU - EVGA Supernova G3 850w or 1000w

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Yeah that looks like a good set up to me tho if the ASUS is a blower cooler I'd make sure your case won't restrict the heat it can dissipate

Oh no definitely not. I don't like blower GPU's. I like triple fans or founders edition ones =). I was wondering if I should get RGB RAM though. I can save like $150nzd if I don't but it doesn't look anywhere near as good. Oh and would you invest in the 2080ti or just the regular 2080? Looks matter a lot because I show my build off HEAPS. Oh and would you recommend Asus or another brand for GPU?

Oh no definitely not. I don't like blower GPU's. I like triple fans or founders edition ones =). I was wondering if I should get RGB RAM though. I can save like $150nzd if I don't but it doesn't look anywhere near as good. Oh and would you invest in the 2080ti or just the regular 2080? Looks matter a lot because I show my build off HEAPS. Oh and would you recommend Asus or another brand for GPU?
it is your money but RGB is eh save a few bucks and yeah I have only seen ASUS blowers so wasn't sure honestly the 2080 Ti will only be worth it if you wanna have high frames in ray tracing games because that can really tank frames on certain types of ray tracing esp. global illumination the 2080 can handle all types known so far but the 2080 TI would be "future proof" or you can wait to see what is the "SUPER" thing coming from NVIDIA (rumored to be a RTX refresh)

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
it is your money but RGB is eh save a few bucks and yeah I have only seen ASUS blowers so wasn't sure honestly the 2080 Ti will only be worth it if you wanna have high frames in ray tracing games because that can really tank frames on certain types of ray tracing esp. global illumination the 2080 can handle all types known so far but the 2080 TI would be "future proof" or you can wait to see what is the "SUPER" thing coming from NVIDIA (rumored to be a RTX refresh)

Oh ok. I was gonna wait a while anyway and see how much prices go down and see what new things come out/what things get a refresh =). I am going to be playing heavily modded minecraft and most likely in 4k so I was thinking 2080ti. Oh and I have a question about motherboards. I can't decide between the Formula and the Extreme. Extreme looks better IMO but for OC'ing idk what one will be better because I am gonna have a custom loop so Formula might make more sense