Good specs, bad frames

Kryptonerg

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Hello, I am 13 years old and got a new custom built gaming computer for Christmas.
The specs are good but it doesn't run games well, I try to run cs go and it can barely run it at 15 frames. Here are my specs and a reply on how to fix this issue would be very much appreciated, thank you. It also says in GeForce Experience that my drivers are up to date
GPU: GeForce GTX 960
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM (15.86 GB usable)
Driver version: 361.43
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Solution
Uninsall the driver from the Dev Mgr, restart.

Nvidia does not play well with Win 10.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia, if that doesn't work, reinstall the driver you had before on whatever OS you had.

If that still doesn't fix it, go to Nvidia and start going backwards down the revision list and try each one until you find one that works.

Which ever one you finally find that works, do a clean install of it.

Bill

Kryptonerg

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

well there's more than just cs go, I play many other games, mostly survival games. I just really want to be able to play them with 30-60 fps as that's what I should be getting

Yeah go into the BIOS and disable your CPU's integrated graphics.

Kryptonerg

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

hopefully I don't make myself sound too stupid here but how do I go into my BIOS? I'm not super good with computers.

Wait for your computer to make a "beep" when booting up then start pressing Delete until you get into the BIOS. Don't touch a setting if you don't know what it does. If there's someone in your family that knows anything about PCs get them to do this for you.

Kryptonerg

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

I have found out what the problem is, the guy who put my computer together for me didn't activate my 960, I can't seem to figure out how to do it though and I don't want to mess anything up so if you know how can you possibly let me know? Thanks

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Uninsall the driver from the Dev Mgr, restart.

Nvidia does not play well with Win 10.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia, if that doesn't work, reinstall the driver you had before on whatever OS you had.

If that still doesn't fix it, go to Nvidia and start going backwards down the revision list and try each one until you find one that works.

Which ever one you finally find that works, do a clean install of it.

Bill

Solution