Good studio quality headphone for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamius Siam

Reputable
May 29, 2015
Can anyone suggest me a good pair of headphone under/around 150$?
I'm specifically looking for a studio quality headphone. I don't need any mic attached to it as I already have a dedicated one.

Currently considering AudioTechnica ATH M50X, but heard that the soundstage is not that great for gaming purpose.
Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Solution
Consider a semi-open or open-back set, the wider soundstage makes a big difference especially if you are using v-surround modes (most games have it built-in using the "headphone" sound option). I am using a Samson SR850, an entry level studio set and it rocks. Also have a Philips SHP9500, sound incredible (once broken in). Here's a few open-back choices I would go for at varying prices (low-to-high):

Samson SR850 $33
LyxPro OEH-10 $45
Philips SHP9500S $64 (these actually sound as good if not better than all the more expensive sets until you hit $200+, best bang-per-buck choice IMO)
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X $105
Sennheiser HD 579 $110 (killer deal on sale)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO $160 (a bit out...
Consider a semi-open or open-back set, the wider soundstage makes a big difference especially if you are using v-surround modes (most games have it built-in using the "headphone" sound option). I am using a Samson SR850, an entry level studio set and it rocks. Also have a Philips SHP9500, sound incredible (once broken in). Here's a few open-back choices I would go for at varying prices (low-to-high):

Samson SR850 $33
LyxPro OEH-10 $45
Philips SHP9500S $64 (these actually sound as good if not better than all the more expensive sets until you hit $200+, best bang-per-buck choice IMO)
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X $105
Sennheiser HD 579 $110 (killer deal on sale)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO $160 (a bit out of budget but excellent, 250-ohm so you will probably need a dac/amp to drive them)

Solution
Sep 16, 2018
audio technica ATH-M40X's are cheaper than ATH-M50X's and are an amazing set of easy to run headphone, great imaging and great sound stage. I like them more than the M50X personally, there not the best option out there but for the price they are i think they are top tier for price to performance

Status
Not open for further replies.