Question Good temp for GPU?

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
Hi,

I have a RX 6600 XT and I am playing FiveM. The GPU usage percentage is 99-100% and the temp averages about 80-86 Celsius. Is this bad for the computer? I think I remember seeing online that it should remain below 80%, is that true? If not, what is a safe temp I can run this PC for, for very long periods to all day? Also how much of the video card memory is safe to use? I saw online, you can safely use most to all of it? Is this true?

Ralston18

Titan
The most applicable sources for those questions are the respective manufacturers' websites.

If any given component is operating outside of the specified temperature ranges then something is wrong.

And that is bad for the component and possibly bad for the computer overall. Heat is an enemy of electronics.

More information needed.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Compare your system's specs to the system specs recommended by FiveM. Does your system meet or exceed the recommended specs?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
100% GPU and 100% VRAM is perfectly fine, that is what they are there for. Just means you are using the GPU to the maximum potential.

Mid 80s is an acceptable temperature for a GPU under load. They are self regulating, if they get too warm they will slow themselves down.

You can change this by doing a custom fan curve to make the card cooler, but it will be louder. You can try undervolting the card to bring temperatures (and power requirements) down, but that could lead to instability.

You can check with the manufacturer/designer for maximum rated temperatures on the GPU core and memory.

Typical GPU TJMax is 90, 95 or 100C. Typical Memory TCase max is similar 95-105C. VRM temperatures are usually more forgiving up to as much as 125C.

80s are fine.

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
The most applicable sources for those questions are the respective manufacturers' websites.

If any given component is operating outside of the specified temperature ranges then something is wrong.

And that is bad for the component and possibly bad for the computer overall. Heat is an enemy of electronics.

More information needed.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Compare your system's specs to the system specs recommended by FiveM. Does your system meet or exceed the recommended specs?
It says online that AMD 6000 Series GPUs can safely reach 110 degrees Celsius. Does that sound about right you think?

Ralston18

Titan
"Safely reach 110 degrees C" - but what about afterwards and maybe continuing higher?

Or staying at 110 degrees C for some undetermined, undefined, unspecified amount of time.

Or go through some series of up and down temperature spikes.

All in all I think 110 C is going to end badly one way or another.

Itz_TryFX

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
"Safely reach 110 degrees C" - but what about afterwards and maybe continuing higher?

Or staying at 110 degrees C for some undetermined, undefined, unspecified amount of time.

Or go through some series of up and down temperature spikes.

All in all I think 110 C is going to end badly one way or another.
Yeah no way I'm going near that. I'm not even touching 90 right now plus I've got case fans in every slot of my pc.