Question Good Unigine Superposition score for a 3080Ti ?

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
So fairly recently i got a pc with an i7 12700F and a 3080Ti and I decided to run Unigine Superposition on it. At 1080p extreme it gets somewhere around 12200 points (12232 or something like that) with me OC'ing it, otherwise it's around 11950

Is this a good 3080Ti score (the OC one)? Also the max temperature reached 79 degrees with that, would it be okay to keep it that way? I'm asking because I've seen some scores going to the heavy end with 17k (paired with an i9 12900k so that might be the issue) but people even with i7 6700's are getting around the same score at me (though some people with i9's are around my mark as well)..

I have a NZXT C850 to power it so i don't think I'll have any power issues

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is this a good 3080Ti score (the OC one)?

In terms of all 3080 Ti GPUs tested in Superposition, at 1080p Extreme preset and who have submitted their results, 12200 is about average. Scores for RTX 3080 Ti range from ~14300 down to 11000.
Leaderboard: https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/superposition/1.x/1080p-extreme/single-gpu/page-1

Also the max temperature reached 79 degrees with that, would it be okay to keep it that way?

If your GPU maxes out at 79C then you're just barely safe. 80C and above and you could look towards thermal throttle.

I'm asking because I've seen some scores going to the heavy end with 17k

LN2 cooling for sure. If you click on the #1 score, it expands with additional data. From there, you can see that their GPU temp was -40C. <- That is only possible with cryogenic fluid (e.g LN2).

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Scores for RTX 3080 Ti range from ~14300 down to 11000.
I see, thanks for the help

Well, the thing was that i was using 1080p extreme when i did this and it got 12200, with 4k optimised it goes to 15723 (without tweaking on my part) so could it be bottlenecking at 1080p? Surely it couldn't be my cpu (the i7 12700F is anything but weak)?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
so could it be bottlenecking at 1080p?

No.

Superposition 1080p Extreme preset is specifically designed to put extreme load on a GPU, far beyond the belief. And i think it scales up too, meaning the more powerful GPU you have - the heavier load is put on GPU. This preset is to test GPU stability with extreme load, it isn't an indicator of GPU struggling at 1080p.

Now, if you'd use 1080p High preset, you'll get far better results, since that preset is tuned more towards realistic loads games can put on your GPU.

What is your 4k optimized score?

OP just said it:

with 4k optimised it goes to 15723

Reactions: alceryes

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
This preset is to test GPU stability with extreme load, it isn't an indicator of GPU struggling at 1080p.
So basically i can check the limit of my overclocking at this preset and be assured that it'll be unlikely to crash at any other time?
What is your 4k optimized score?
15723 with factory overclocked, 16057 after further overclocking in afterburner.

So basically i can check the limit of my overclocking at this preset and be assured that it'll be unlikely to crash at any other time?
15723 with factory overclocked, 16057 after further overclocking in afterburner.
Not bad at all. Looks like you're right in the norm. How about Time Spy? You could then compare your system with systems of the same spec. Even though not really comparable, since they're completely different systems, my 'nicely tweaked' setup in sig gets me a little over 17k in Superposition 4k optimized.

Just remember that posted benchmarks/gaming FPS scores are usually the top .1%. They are not the norm - they are the outlier.
No one's going to post 'meh' benchmarks/gaming FPS videos. Benchers/reviewers tweak, bench, tweak, bench, tweak, bench, etc., until they get a score that they deem 'worthy' and only then does it gets posted. These are usually people who work with technology for a living and know the ins and outs of settings and components. Many of them also know how to 'cheat' the system by running the benchmarks with unrealistic settings. They change everything from CPU priority, to benchmark config changes, to doing borderless/alt tab crap. In short, don't worry about hitting published benchmark numbers.

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Say, is there any way i can improve an i7 12700F's performance? I know it's not overclockable, but by undervolting by XTU or something else?

I have an 850W PSU and sufficient airflow so i don't really think tweaking stuff both on the CPU and GPU side should be very hard