Good video recording software?

Isleepalot

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Ok I need a good software for recording my game play on my gaming pc. I have tried some software already but it is not working. For example, it might not be able to record sound or it only records the computer sound and not my sound. I need it to record both and the sound from the computer is coming from speakers that I plugged into the audio jack from the motherboard. Another problem is that it can't record for longer than 10 minutes. So I need one that can also record for hours or whatever I decide to record that day. The last problem I have is that after I record it and play it, I can hear the audio but can't see the game play. I need it to record the screen and not darkness or whatever happened. In conclusion, I need software that can record for long period of time, record the screen, have audio of the game and me. I would like it to be free or one time pay fee. I do not want to pay every month. Just one time pay. If it is pay, I would like it to have a free trial so I know it will work for me. Thanks in advance.

Isleepalot

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Ok so I need recording software that has the audio in with the screen recording. You mentioned fraps being able to do this but um how do you start it? There is no start recording button, just the settings to set it up but no record button.

jtabb1256

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

Both programs will do what you want them to do.

Open fraps. Click on the "Movies" tab. The box labeled "Video Capture Hotkey" is the key that you press to start or stop the recording. You can change this key if you want to.

Isleepalot

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Ok I pressed f9, the key the video capture hotkey told me but it is not recording. I pressed it again to see maybe I did not know it was recording and that it should make it stop but nothing happened. I had it set up to go to my desktop so I would know if it actually recorded. Nothing happens when I pressed the F9 key. Help. New to this software.