[SOLVED] Good voltage and temperature for Ryzen 3600

May 20, 2020
Motherboard: MSI Mortar Max
CPU: Ryzen 3600
Memory: 16GB DDR4
GPU: Galax 1650S
VBIOS: 7B89v26

Hi Guys,
CPU is running a bit toasty (75+ peak at 80 something), voltage hovers around 1.38, sometimes at 1.4 sustained even. I don't have much experience with these but from what I've gathered so far, that is quite high and may degrade the CPU overtime.
I am using stock cooler, the only other thing I use is PBO from Ryzen master and XMP profile to bring my RAM to 3200MHz

Q: is this normal (especially the voltage)? is there anyway to reduce the temp and/or voltage without gimping the performance too much?

Solution

Hi Guys,
CPU is running a bit toasty (75+ peak at 80 something), voltage hovers around 1.38, sometimes at 1.4 sustained even. I don't have much experience with these but from what I've gathered so far, that is quite high and may degrade the CPU overtime.
I am using stock cooler, the only other thing I use is PBO from Ryzen master and XMP profile to bring my RAM to 3200MHz

Q: is this normal (especially the voltage)? is there anyway to reduce the temp and/or voltage without gimping the performance too much?
Voltage and and temps are a tad on high side but given stock cooler...

Hi Guys,

Voltage and and temps are a tad on high side but given stock cooler nothing unusual. Voltage you can lower a bit by setting negative voltage offset of 0.05 - 0.1V in BIOS which should lower temps without loosing (much) performance. Maybe even gain some under PBO which is tied with temps.

Solution
It looks normal to me...remember the cpu constantly runs an algorithm part of which is balancing temp and voltage. If you want to improve cooling then replace the stock cooler and make sure you're using a case with good airflow. As far as the voltage hitting 1.4v that's not a concern. If you want to lower the max volts a little you can do so by disabling PBO since it adds nothing to the 3000 series (besides increased volts and heat) but possibly a few extra points on benchmarks.