[SOLVED] good VR benchmarking software?

Aug 16, 2019
Running a 1600af, rx570, and 8gb ram, soon to be 16, and was wondering if anybody knows any good vr benchmarking software, or if anybody could tell me what i need to upgrade to run vr

Solution
Running a 1600af, rx570, and 8gb ram, soon to be 16, and was wondering if anybody knows any good vr benchmarking software, or if anybody could tell me what i need to upgrade to run vr

Steam has their own VR benchmark. It's free. However it's a bit dated. Back in the day a 290X would have done the job according to Steam VR. That's not really the case any more.

However I'm going to be honest with you, you are going to drop a lot of frame and go into reprojection A LOT. A RX580 isn't a lot better. You'll be motion sick in no time except for maybe the lowest powered games like beat saber.

I consider a 5700XT/2070 Super and 16Gigs with a 2700X/9600K the bare min for a half decent VR experience. Even 2080ti's struggle with...

Steam has their own VR benchmark. It's free. However it's a bit dated. Back in the day a 290X would have done the job according to Steam VR. That's not really the case any more.

However I'm going to be honest with you, you are going to drop a lot of frame and go into reprojection A LOT. A RX580 isn't a lot better. You'll be motion sick in no time except for maybe the lowest powered games like beat saber.

I consider a 5700XT/2070 Super and 16Gigs with a 2700X/9600K the bare min for a half decent VR experience. Even 2080ti's struggle with the demands on some headsets.

Solution