[SOLVED] google account getting hacked repeatedly

May 8, 2021
2 months back, my internet stopped working. I complaint this to my service provider and he told me that my wifi has been hacked but anyway he changed the password and told me that it's safe to use now.
After this incident, when I logged into my Gmail (with 2 step verification enabled) I got a code but it was from a private number and not the Gmail number that we usually get it from. I assume, what the hacker did was, he changed my number to his. So that when google sent the code to him, he then forwarded it to my number.
I changed my router for safety and deleted my google account too after recovering it. But after 2 months it has happened again i.e. I again started to get the codes from a private number. This time, my service provider is telling me that my wifi is perfectly ok.
I don't know what is happening and I need some help to know how the hacker is actually hacking my google accounts through my wifi. What kind of method is he/she using and some safety precautions in order to permanently secure my account from getting compromised over and over again. Any kind of help will be really appreciated. TIA.

Solution
Doesn't google have your phone number in the account. Google will directly send any text message to that phone number. Unless he hacked the telephone system he can not get that messages sent to his phone.

So verify the correct phone number is in your account.

This is why there is a 2 factor authentication on stuff. You might get one system compromised but to get 2 systems is close to impossible.....unless you are a government I guess.

Even someone hacking your wifi does not fully compromise your security. All traffic is encrypted via HTTPS so even if someone was on your wifi they can not see the actual traffic between you and gmail.

Most wifi hacks are someone trying to use your internet connection rather than hack your...
May 8, 2021
Just for information, the number where the OTA code is sent from might change overtime, it's not intended to be a fixed number forever.

That I understand, but the number from which I started getting the code was the number that 'common people' use in my country. It was nothing like the numbers which are used by companies or brands to send codes/ messages. Even the message template was different and said something else and not 'G-xxxxx is your google verification code'

Doesn't google have your phone number in the account. Google will directly send any text message to that phone number. Unless he hacked the telephone system he can not get that messages sent to his phone.

So verify the correct phone number is in your account.

This is why there is a 2 factor authentication on stuff. You might get one system compromised but to get 2 systems is close to impossible.....unless you are a government I guess.

Even someone hacking your wifi does not fully compromise your security. All traffic is encrypted via HTTPS so even if someone was on your wifi they can not see the actual traffic between you and gmail.

Most wifi hacks are someone trying to use your internet connection rather than hack your data. Many times it is the neighbor kid whose parents restrict what they can do on their internet connection so he goes out and tries to use other ones. You have to be fairly close to your house to hack you wifi connection so it limits the number of people you can even suspect.

Solution