Google Announces $8.58 Billion in Gross Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Funny how 47% of the income comes from 5% of the people in the world.

Shows just how hard they are hit with Ads and how obvious it is that they are swayed by them, does that mean that people in the USA are 20 times more suseptible to suggestion? I'll test the theory...

Buy a red car.........

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
red car? a Ferrari? (i live in Germany, so don't see much US ads).
As for the profit, you all realise they now have 2,3 BILLION extra...I dont care if that is less than expected. That's STILL the reason I'm finishing up my studies to go and work for them!

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
I would like to see how this compares with Facebook... not really, but good for Google. I'm not sure where the analysts thought they'd blow away last years numbers, but it's too bad that Google's share prices might drop even after such a good performance.

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I don't mind using google's search engine,but I like to spread my search's among google,bing,yahoo and altavista. That way I can help the smaller search engine companies as well as the big one's.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Funny how 47% of the income comes from 5% of the people in the world.Shows just how hard they are hit with Ads and how obvious it is that they are swayed by them, does that mean that people in the USA are 20 times more suseptible to suggestion? I'll test the theory...Buy a red car.........[/citation]

AHAHAH yeah. . . what a shitty line of logic that is.

ataryens

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]hi, sorry if im REALLY bad at this but, how do we tell what they made in pure profit, after server maint and worker expenses?[/citation]

2.3 billion for first quarter

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cpu666d1[/nom]To joytech22's comment,the directers,CEO's and the higher up managers.[/citation]

Actually net income goes to the shareholders. It just so happens that the CEO holds a large share of google's stock, but he did found the company after all.

ktasley

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I guess my last post didnt go up. Long story short>

FYI Jsrudd, and for all others, net income does not go straight to shareholders. Lol

Execs may choose to allocate money to dividends, which does benefit everyone as Jsrudd stated.

They also use income to invest in growth, R&D, new projects, acquisitions (which google loves), etc.

bluedragon9958

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Shocking fact: 5% of the world makes 95% of the money because 95% of people are just not intelligent. If you didn't already know this, guess which percentile you fall under.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bluedragon9958[/nom]Shocking fact: 5% of the world makes 95% of the money because 95% of people are just not intelligent. If you didn't already know this, guess which percentile you fall under.[/citation]

Most intelligent people don't actually earn a lot. Normally they are scientists colliding atoms or trying to cure cancer barely making enough to pay for their rent. Most billionaires make their money by being born in the right area of the world being there at the right time, and getting lucky with some sufficient sponsors to grow their idea until it snowballs the world. There is a big difference between being a business genius and being a real one.

G

His comment still stands true, those who do make a lot of money are a lot smarter than the rest of the world in general. And over 95% of the world is composed of low intelligence.

G

[citation][nom]bluedragon9958[/nom]Shocking fact: 5% of the world makes 95% of the money because 95% of people are just not intelligent. If you didn't already know this, guess which percentile you fall under.[/citation]
[citation][nom]JamesDenton[/nom]His comment still stands true, those who do make a lot of money are a lot smarter than the rest of the world in general. And over 95% of the world is composed of low intelligence.[/citation]

Actually, its more like those 5% are either focused on making money or are greedy about it. Those who devote all their time and resources to making money will make money. Absolutely nothing to do with intelligence.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Funny how 47% of the income comes from 5% of the people in the world.Shows just how hard they are hit with Ads and how obvious it is that they are swayed by them, does that mean that people in the USA are 20 times more suseptible to suggestion? I'll test the theory...Buy a red car.........[/citation]

its called a phone... there selling them now.. i think its something like android heard of it??? its really popular and its taking off :D

unless you are reffering to the android users in which case someone is out of touch 0.o check it out im sure you will like it. they have plenty of partners!

advertising is one way that google gets cash, but now it is not the only way. there set to tak 50% of the smartphone market by 2012. are you telling me you just ignored this detail to call a bunch of people idiots???

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]khimera2000[/nom]its called a phone... there selling them now.. i think its something like android heard of it??? its really popular and its taking off unless you are reffering to the android users in which case someone is out of touch 0.o check it out im sure you will like it. they have plenty of partners! advertising is one way that google gets cash, but now it is not the only way. there set to tak 50% of the smartphone market by 2012. are you telling me you just ignored this detail to call a bunch of people idiots???[/citation]

And they get revenue from the phones how?
They don't manufacture the hardware and the OS is free
C'mon, try real hard... it's the Ad revenue again
I'm sorry but the USA has too much advertising, a 1 hour TV show runs for 42 minutes and 18 minutes of adverts
That
Is
Crazy

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Funny how 47% of the income comes from 5% of the people in the world.[/citation]

Times are a changing however. Right now China's economy is outstripping everyone else and they have a serious problem with potential inflation taking over (their economy has grown at almost 10% of their GDP this last year and over 8% during the prior year, the height of the global recession). So, it'll be interesting to see how few years as there are a lot of wealthy people now in China (and since China accounts about 16% of the world population, those percentages will be interesting to look at soon).

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Shows just how hard they are hit with Ads and how obvious it is that they are swayed by them, does that mean that people in the USA are 20 times more suseptible to suggestion? I'll test the theory...Buy a red car.........[/citation]

Well, if you had suggested this 5 years ago... >.> Since my red car only has 36k miles on it and still runs quite well, I'll be keeping it for atleast 2 to 3 more years. My next car, however, won't be red...

Status
Not open for further replies.