Google Authentication proper change of device/reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Hi guys I have a question and I need someone to recommend something.

I have Google Authenticator and I have around 10 diffirent things in it. Now I want to change device. Official way to change it is to go to google authentication web site, disable old one and scan QR code on new one.

Great I'll activate GA on new device but how about all of the web sites ? I mean will they get transferred to new device ? Because I just did a test with my wife's account and guess what I am looking on 2 phones new one, old one and new one has active google authenticator with nothing on it. No web sites got transferred.

So I guess this is bad because in this case I need go to each and every single web site and disable GA and re enable it once I have Google authenticator active on new device, no way to transfer them all at once.

That's all I want to ask, if my above statement is correct and there is no way to transfer google authenticator 2 way verification sites from one to another and you need to do it one by one by first disable it , then go back to web site scan code again on new device.

Thank you !

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I found answer ...... Basically it's a complete manual job, no way to automate it. Manually switch to new device. then go to each and every site and redo authentication by removing old one and then putting new one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS