Google Buys Waze for an Undisclosed Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I used waze once or twice. I live in a traffic-heavy area and I drive to/from work, but I never found it all that useful. Plus the app eats battery life. Eats it like there's no tomorrow.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
If you live in a high traffic area, that means you live in a very dense population area I would think, you should have other wazers around you.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I really hope this functionality gets added to Google Maps. I've never used Waze but the features sound awesome for phone-based GPS and navigation. Google Maps are already very accurate and adding the data-sharing features from Waze would provide better traffic data, more accurate travel times, and a whole host of added benefits for Google Maps.

xcamas

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I've been using this app since last year. Im living in a country which I dont know much. This app helped me reach places without having to spend a cent on data network. I just choose the destiny before I leave home, using my wifi and then it downloads everything related to that location. The voice and NFS-like OCR is just amazing.

This is the best offline GPS app I've ever used. And that is something Maps does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS