Google Buys Waze for an Undisclosed Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I used waze once or twice. I live in a traffic-heavy area and I drive to/from work, but I never found it all that useful. Plus the app eats battery life. Eats it like there's no tomorrow.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
If you live in a high traffic area, that means you live in a very dense population area I would think, you should have other wazers around you.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I really hope this functionality gets added to Google Maps. I've never used Waze but the features sound awesome for phone-based GPS and navigation. Google Maps are already very accurate and adding the data-sharing features from Waze would provide better traffic data, more accurate travel times, and a whole host of added benefits for Google Maps.

xcamas

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I've been using this app since last year. Im living in a country which I dont know much. This app helped me reach places without having to spend a cent on data network. I just choose the destiny before I leave home, using my wifi and then it downloads everything related to that location. The voice and NFS-like OCR is just amazing.

This is the best offline GPS app I've ever used. And that is something Maps does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.