Google Chrome "Aw, Snap!" Error Help

GeekSquadd

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
So I shut down my PC for the night and it had displayed a mandatory Windows 10 update and so I let it update. The next day I open Chrome and this error comes up, "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage." So I tried to do anything like click "Learn more" or go into settings but it just didn't let me click anything. So I reinstalled chrome hoping to fix the issue and it didn't work. Now I'm using Google Chrome Canary which works OK but it doesn't work as well as the normal Chrome. Also when I launched it the extensions that I had crashed every time I opened Chrome so I uninstalled those through control panel and it still didn't work. I've tried every fix I've seen on forums about it and to be quite honest I hadn't seen this problem come up anywhere else. Hopefully someone can help me and thanks for reading.

Here is the error message: http://imgur.com/a/68Oh0

I have seen this problem before, and I investigated the cause and found the answer as to why Google Chrome was crashing on my system.

But to be honest GeekSquadd my problem was not related to any windows updates.

What it in fact was related to on my system was to do with the Cpu, and if I had overclocked it.
Chrome would work with the cpu overclocked until I pushed the overclock of the cpu a bit higher.

From around 3.8 Ghz factory default setting of a Amd FX cpu up to about 4.7Ghz.

The rest of windows was 100% completely stable, only Google chrome would crash on me every time I tried to launch it.
By backing down the overclocking of the cpu to 4.6 Ghz chrome then worked fine every time.

I also noted that the same thing happens, if you do not overclock the cpu of the system you have but just the memory to it`s maximum Xmp memory frequency in some cases.

Where also slightly manually lowering the main ram running on the system also resolved the Chrome Aw Snap! error messages.

So I thought I would post my findings for you, just in case you have your cpu or the memory of your system build overclocked in anyway.

Dropping the speed by about 100Mhz on any cpu overclock you may have seems to resolve the error in google chrome.

GeekSquadd

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Thanks for the reply Shaun. I have never overclocked my CPU considering my i7 is a non-K processor. But I have overclocked my GPU and that COULD be apart of the issue. So I'm going to lower the clock rates on my overclock on my GPU and see if that helps.

GeekSquadd

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that didn't solve my problem:(