google chrome ctrl F not working properly

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
ok so i usually go on sites with long lines of writing but i need to find a specific line. when i use ctrl f i just type in that part and i find what i need. but just now i accidently pressed ctrl something and alittle window with an error symbol came up, i didnt even read it i just clicked ok but now when i use ctrl f i cant type more than 1 thing in it. for example if i put an L and i wanna put a G next to it when i press g itll replace the L. should i just restart pc i havent tried anything yet

Solution
Try turning off Hardware Acceleration.
Go to menu > settings
Scroll to the bottom and choose "show advanced settings.."
Scroll to the bottom again and untick

Valnac

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
Try turning off Hardware Acceleration.
Go to menu > settings
Scroll to the bottom and choose "show advanced settings.."
Scroll to the bottom again and untick

Solution

linex

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
That alone did not work. I would like to add the following solution, which worked for me: The CTRL + F key combo will bring up a blank pop up. Close the pop up and note its location on the upper taskbar. It is called FTP Free, which most people do not use. Right click on the FTP Free icon and in the menu that pops up, click remove. After that, CTRL + F should work. It began to work for me.

meanchurchlady

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
I had a problem where the F2 key was not working- I tried everything, reset my settings, unplugged my keyboard, installed new batteries, did a hardware check- etc. BUT did I check to make sure that my F Lock was on! Nope, did not do that. Clicked on my F Lock key and BINGO! Boy did I feel stupid. Sometimes the easiest things elude us :(