Google Chrome Experiment Turns Web into Maze Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Nifty video. But I'd rather google patch the most recent update of chrome for Android--ever since the last update, it goes into a continuous crash-restart loop on my phone. :/

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Holy crap that was so much fun. Nice idea! There were some kids back in the day at uni who had a similar concept but that was a 2D platformer.

Tomshardware was difficult to navigate with the phone/tablet tilt controls. There seems to be a half-second, if not longer, delay between tilting and the browser responding. Wonder if it's due to the web link or whether the Android devices are being taxed quite hard rending the map while you play? Perhaps something with faster internet/a top-end android device could let us know how it works for them?

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]yzfr1guy[/nom]Yeah let's get more kids into utilizing and feeding the great google marketing/government tracking machine....[/citation]

Good point...I'll tell them to go out side and play with some sticks in the mud. Either that or just use M$...since they don't comply with judicial orders or worry about profits...

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Not working here, can connect phone and browser, but then it does some kind of calibration, which works, but tilt function not working in game, only letting me jump..

Status
Not open for further replies.