Google Chrome freezing Computer

ethanchico533

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
So I have had this problem for a while, my computer will freeze at random times making it so I can move the mouse but cant do anything. When I look at task manager when this happens it says that my C drive is at 100%. I have found that when I close all instances of Google Chrome (google crash handler, google chrome, etc) the problem no longer occurs. I get this problem often enough to make it very annoying, when I was making this post the problem occurred several times. I would still like to keep Google Chrome if I can but would be willing to switch browsers if absolutely necessary. I know that its not my hardware because I have a Ryzen 5 1600, 16gb ddr4, GTX 1060 6GB and an ssd boot drive I am also running Windows 10. If someone could help me that would be amazing, Thank you.

Solution
Would not expect the problem to be hardware related per se.

Reinstall and reconfigure Google Chrome. Current installation may be buggy or corrutpted.

Windows 10?

Check Reliability History and Event Viewer for related error codes and warnings.

Ralston18

Titan
Would not expect the problem to be hardware related per se.

Reinstall and reconfigure Google Chrome. Current installation may be buggy or corrutpted.

Windows 10?

Check Reliability History and Event Viewer for related error codes and warnings.

Solution