Google Chrome startup delay with a blank page...?

cchhrriiss

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
Hello, for a couple of weeks now I have been experiencing some issues with my Google Chrome web browser. I have been having a few second delay to start when I click it and opening to a blank white Google screen as opposed my shortcuts etc. If I open a new tab once Chrome is up it will bring me to the proper home page with my shortcuts etc. I thought it maybe a hardware issue, but Edge loads snappy as Chrome use to. I have reset the app to default settings, cleared cookies and history, even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Over the past couple of weeks I have installed a new HDD, graphic card, and done quite a few software updates which is when this started.... not sure exactly when though. I know these are minor issues, but I would still like to figure out what is wrong and fix it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Try opening Chrome in incognito mode. Assuming Chrome is pinned to your taskbar, right-click it and select "New incognito window" from the menu. If that loads as fast as Edge, then it's probably an extension which is causing the slowdown.

If you login to a Google account with Chrome, it syncs chrome with your saved Google profile. So all settings and extensions get reverted even if you uninstall and reinstall Chrome. This allows an extension that's causing problems to survive an uninstall and reinstall. Incognito prevents extensions from running by default (you can manually enable which extensions are allowed to run in incognito mode).

Also check that the proxy settings in Chrome are disabled and no auto configuration scripts...
Try opening Chrome in incognito mode. Assuming Chrome is pinned to your taskbar, right-click it and select "New incognito window" from the menu. If that loads as fast as Edge, then it's probably an extension which is causing the slowdown.

If you login to a Google account with Chrome, it syncs chrome with your saved Google profile. So all settings and extensions get reverted even if you uninstall and reinstall Chrome. This allows an extension that's causing problems to survive an uninstall and reinstall. Incognito prevents extensions from running by default (you can manually enable which extensions are allowed to run in incognito mode).

Also check that the proxy settings in Chrome are disabled and no auto configuration scripts are running. Sometimes security software or malware changes the proxy (which runs all your internet traffic through an off-site server).

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Proxy-Settings

Solution

cchhrriiss

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
Thank you for the response, I tried the incognito window and proxy settings the issue is still there. I started using Edge for now, I think it may be an issue that's needs to be patched as I have tried everything to fix it with no luck.