Google Chrome stuttering while I have a game running in the background

Jan 5, 2019
Hi all,

So really recently I noticed a weird stutter while I watched youtube videos while running a game in the background, I did a bit of research and couldn't find anything on it so I'm making this post. The weird thing is that the stuttering goes away the second I close out of the game, and it goes away while I have the windows menu open or while I'm looking at the video through alt+tab or windows+tab. But I noticed it's not just youtube or even streaming video in general, my entire chrome browser will just freeze for a split second every 5 seconds or so. Also after a restart it doesn't do it until about an hour or two of the computer being on. If anyone has ever experienced this, or has any idea what's causing it or the fix for it, please let me know.

Specs;
GPU: Gtx 1080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
Ram: 16gb ddr4

Jan 5, 2019

I tried turning off hardware acceleration, chrome ran worse, and the stuttering persisted. I also updated my graphics drivers but that didn't fix it either. I don't think it's a performance issue since the problem completely goes away when I'm alt tabbing windows tabbing or even just when I have the windows menu open.