Google chrome using 25% of cpu on system startup

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
So when i turn on my pc, i noticed that it was running slower, heating up a bit more and getting lower fps on cpu intensive games. Then i opened task manager to see what was using my cpu.
It turned out to be chrome (or something disguised as chrome) using 25% of my cpu at all times.
That process is there when the system boots up without even opening chrome itself.
I can easily kill the process but often forget about it and then wonder why the pc is lagging.
Also i don't think it is ACTUAL chrome because:
1- It's there when system starts.

2-It's always there

3-If i kill the process while chrome is open, chrome doesn't get affected.

I suspect it being some kind of virus disguising itself as chrome but i don't know how to remove this.

System specs:

Laptop model: Acer aspire 5740

CPU: I5 M 520 2.40GHz 2 Cores 4 Threads

GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Ram: 4GB

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
I did a full scan with windows defender, took me 1 and half hour to complete and it didn't find anything whatsoever
If the antivirus is too weak, Which one will you recommend?

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
chrome is updated.
If i kill that process, chrome won't use much cpu power either

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018

It worked. It did remove the problem along with 40 other threats.
One problem is: It deleted a program i use which is advanced system care. But nother than that it'd a pretty good antivirus
which i'll begin using.

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018

I got it from the official iobit website. It's a trustworthy program but you have to pay for all the features. It's kinda like ccleaner but with more features

His CPU has 4 threads each of those threads is equal to 25% of total CPU utilization,when a thread crashes or otherwise bugs out it can be running at 100% all day long ,one full thread = 25% of total,it happens to me quite often that I see such threads and I just kill them with process hacker without google crashing.