Google chrome virus please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxw7

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Hi I seem to have gotten a virus of some type. The weird thing about it is that it is whenever i click on a link while using chrome whether its a youtube video facebook etc. It will re direct me to an adveritsment website. it will open up a new tab and everything. So I went on firefox and this does not happen at all. And my computer seems to be normal except chrome. I ran mcafee and malwarebytes to see if there was anything on my computer and there was nothing. I delted chrome and reinstalled and this problem kept happening. What should I do re install windows or just live with it and use firefox. Becuase I dont think its good to have viruses sitting on your computer.

schwartzasher

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Run ccleaner and see if the issue happens. run and let it delete the temp files from chrome. another thing you can do is see what you installed when it started happening. This way you can delete those programs

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Have you run Ccleaner?

The issue is in your settings on Chrome or your registry. Get Ccleaner and Superantispyware and run those. Then go through your Chrome settings and make sure all is set to default. Even with a fresh installation, it probably kept your profile and settings from before because they are stored in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.