Google Could be Planning a Retail Store in Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Chrome notebooks are total fail... they offer functionality very similar to Android tablets. Redundant, rare and unpopular. Google will eventually get rid of them as they got rid of some boring Google services recently.

Unless they want to spend tons of money making this crap popular, of course, at which point I'm afraid tech support business will go to $h!t because of the sheer amount of idiots who will buy this thing without realizing that it's useless without Internet :D

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Supposedly Chromebooks are popular bulk-purchase expenditures in schools. They're used for ebooks (and probably much cheaper than an iPad).

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
The store would be 1,323 square feet

That is 12m by 12m, hardly a mega-store, your apartment is probably bigger.

The filing also details plans for a landscaped garden, swimming pool, gym and restaurant for the building

The garden is a pot plant, the swimming pool is a bathtub, the gym is a pair of dumb-bells and the restaurant is a hatch in the wall to the McDonalds next door.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]spasmolytic46[/nom]Can I buy versions of stuff that don't spy on me?[/citation]
Yes, but when you go in the store they photograph you, store your DNA and get your fingerprints from the door handle

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]That is 12m by 12m, hardly a mega-store, your apartment is probably bigger.The garden is a pot plant, the swimming pool is a bathtub, the gym is a pair of dumb-bells and the restaurant is a hatch in the wall to the McDonalds next door.[/citation]

im kind of thinking of a cool place to hang out, next to a fairly new gym with a public pool close by if not indoors. the restraunt would probably be something that casual clothing would be ok, and probably also serve healthy food.

the google store would be a small diversion

most people only need a tablet powered computer anyway, so going to that cool place you get curious, and try one out... most people will like it, and at less than a laptop or an ipad, i think many will go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.