Google Cutting Even More Jobs at Motorola Mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto needs to make a great phone, sell it unlocked everywhere and will have great profit. Something great, like the good old Razr flip-phone was at the time. They have pretty much sold themselves to Verizon so far, hardly a winning move. Heck, if they upgrade the screen in the Razr Maxx HD and make it available unlocked worldwide they would have a winner.
The old Razr flip-phone was available on any network, and also unlocked for people that wanted it unlocked. Result? Best-seller.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
I don't know why everyone is treating Motorola as this distinct entity. Google owns it, and they bought Motorola for the patent portfolio, not the phone hardware. They will keep systemically dismantling it until nothing is left - if Google ever meant to actually use the hardware business, last years Nexus line would have been made by Motorola.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I have a Razr M I am actually quite surprise it's not more popular, it's a great phone in my opinion. If I remember off hand same cpu/gpu as the SIII, great battery life, runs jelly bean, small phone with a 4.3in screen without the form factor, 2,000 mah battery, and cheap price.

I know when I was looking for phones it seems like the only choices now days were large behemoths they call a phone or something smaller with significantly lower end parts than this. Where as this provided more high end parts in a small package with price and battery life along with it.

This is more my opinion on things, but with how cell phone market is right now it seems like I am not the norm. Oh well hopefully when I get my next phone I find a suitable replacement that is like this.

harrypotter

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
It's because it is lot harder to steel someone else's intellectual property and call it yours in pc/wkn 8 ecosystem than in mobile, so Samsung has no interest ton stay there

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
My first couple of phones were Motorola, I loved their design and they were the original 'sexy' unlike a certain pretentious fruit. But terrible ergonomics and annoying keypad (I hated it). I also loved it for their 'M' on their phones, because.. well.. my name started with an 'M'. :p

old_newbie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Not sure why people are bashing Motorola of the recent past. IMHO their 'Droid' line significantly brought the android OS to the frontlines against the Iphone. I have an Atrix 2 with the Lapdock accessory and It 'wows' people everytime they see it (phone docks into 'dumb' laptop, becomes its brains). Unfortunately that and their other accessories were ahead of their time and never caught on (read: promoted correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.