Google Debuts Chrome OS Web Store for Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Google's I/O conference is taking place this week and the biggest announcement so far is the revelation of the Chrome OS Web store.

How is that the biggest news. Lets see android is 2 to 5 times faster than before. Google tv. Flash on android, And flash on google tv. to me all those sound bigger than the Chorme OS web store. Dont mean to be rude I am just saying. There has been no coverage of this on the site, but I bet there will be minute by minute coverage of WWDC for apple.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Google's I/O conference is taking place this week and the biggest announcement so far is the revelation of the Chrome OS Web store.How is that the biggest news. Lets see android is 2 to 5 times faster than before. Google tv. Flash on android, And flash on google tv. to me all those sound bigger than the Chorme OS web store. Dont mean to be rude I am just saying. There has been no coverage of this on the site, but I bet there will be minute by minute coverage of WWDC for apple.[/citation]Check this link below
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/21036-9-google

They probably wouldn't even have this news written if I didn't even make that post. Well, maybe not. But seriously, Tom's, more iPhone news over Google I/O? Is it not as important as Apple WDC?

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Clicking on this will take you to the Web store where you can buy all kinds of Web applications, and check reviews.

I know cloud computing is the future, but I hope you get the option to install these natively, not just links to an online application. If you buy it, you get the right to use it, online or offline.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Yeah I saw that and commented on it. I think its funny they have posted articles on apple stuff, like the camera that should have been in the first gen ipod touch, and tethering which should have been in the first gen iphone. Meanwhile at the bat cave (google IO) google has been dropping bombs. Flash, server side compression, google tv, and massive speed increases for android. Not a blip. Not even on TOMS radar.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom][Banned][/citation]

Yeah with good free apps. Flash apps. Yep I am excited. Finally someone came along and kicked apple in the b*lls

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Clicking on this will take you to the Web store where you can buy all kinds of Web applications, and check reviews.I know cloud computing is the future, but I hope you get the option to install these natively, not just links to an online application. If you buy it, you get the right to use it, online or offline.[/citation]

I get the feeling the point Google is trying to make with this is that it's possible to have everything web-based as that is the idea behind Chrome OS.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Hell no!

Cloud is just a buzzword, like Web 2.0. Everybody is starting to realize that the cloud invasion of corporate networks is a massive failure. There will be in house visualization but no 3rd party cloud. So I doubt that the consumer cloud can thrive by itself on a large scale. From a PC elitist standpoint this is blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.