Google Denies Rift With Samsung Over Market Dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.

senupe

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
I have a question guys, as Android it's open source wouldn't you be able to use the new specs as eye-scrolling software on the android platform? i mean they are helping developing that too and would be nice to see it on the ecosystem.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Now that Apple is already toast, fuck Google.

Here's to Samsung making its own one of these trivial interchangable OSes that are all based on previously created technology that Steve Jobs stole and then patented to steal money from iSheep.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Why would there be a rift between them? They are both profiting greatly from the success of each other.[/citation]
Because now that Google has its own hardware division when they bought the Motorola mobile name, Samsung can be viewed as not just a partner any longer, but as competition as well. The market-share is so dominated by both Apple and especially Samsung that to break in to it and be a notable force with the Motorola name again, it would take a lot of money and effort should Google look to move past just having a patent portfolio. Likewise, since Samsung has and continues to profit from running Android, it is looking to see what Google decides to do with their newly acquired hardware capability. It's a catch 22 and a conflict of interest in a way that Google created here.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]vkg1[/nom]Now that Apple is already toast, fuck Google.Here's to Samsung making its own one of these trivial interchangable OSes that are all based on previously created technology that Steve Jobs stole and then patented to steal money from iSheep.[/citation]
Because Samsung is #1 with taking ideas and benefiting from them. Its Samsung innovation at its finest. Oh, lets not forget that iPhone 5 is 3 times more reliable than S3. The rest of your post is funny.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Google never wanted Motorola so that they would be tied down making hardware. It's clear they were after their patents as leverage in protecting Android partners. I am sure those patents brought Apple to the negotiating table, and some sort of agreement was made to co-share them in exchange for not going all out attack on Android manufacturers.
If Google wanted to make hardware too, trust me you would get a killer Nexus machine, but where would the benefit be in that when all the other manufacturers throw in the towel and go back to trying to make their own OS.
As for Samsung specifically, why wouldn't Google be pleased for their success? Firstly we have a company that shows that if you couple good design with marketing, you can achieve enormous success with Android. On the other front we finally have an Android manufacturer that has the ability to compete with Apple, putting out phones that are not only every bit the equal of iPhones, but in my own personal view - better.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Because Samsung is #1 with taking ideas and benefiting from them. Its Samsung innovation at its finest. Oh, lets not forget that iPhone 5 is 3 times more reliable than S3. The rest of your post is funny.[/citation]
LOL...IPhone 5 is 3 times more reliable than S3. You love pulling figures out of your rabbit ears, don't you??

ProvesNo wonders Apple fanboys is full of iDiots.Proves Appefanboys full of i-DIOTs.

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Google should seriously consider selling Motorola Mobility. They mainly acquired them for their extensive amount of patents anyway. Now that they have them to defend Android manufacturers from Apple, being a direct competitor will only harm the Android ecosystem.

Reminds me of when 3DFX tried their hand at manufacturing, only to scare away all of their distributors to ATI and Nvidia. While Google is obviously far better off than 3DFX ever was, it's still a bad idea.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]kj3639[/nom]Google should seriously consider selling Motorola Mobility. They mainly acquired them for their extensive amount of patents anyway. Now that they have them to defend Android manufacturers from Apple, being a direct competitor will only harm the Android ecosystem. Reminds me of when 3DFX tried their hand at manufacturing, only to scare away all of their distributors to ATI and Nvidia. While Google is obviously far better off than 3DFX ever was, it's still a bad idea.[/citation]

No.. I believe they should set a benchmark with Motorola. Samsung makes wonderful phones, but I hope that Google intends to show the world how it is done. As long as they don't lock every little design element in patents against other android smartphone manufacturers then the "ecosystem" as they called it will flourish. But Google is not stupid. I believe they will promote their software above the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.