Google Doodle Celebrates a Father of the Microchip

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Are you implying that it should read 'the' Father and guys like Ted Hoff, Mazor, Faggin, etc should get no credit what-so-ever??

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
It's cool that they put up a doodle to honor Robert Noyce. However, the glaring absence of a doodle commemorating the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor was offensive to say the least. Especially considering that later in the day on the 7th, they put up a doodle to honor some obscure artist that hardly anyone has ever heard of.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]Are you implying that it should read 'the' Father and guys like Ted Hoff, Mazor, Faggin, etc should get no credit what-so-ever??[/citation]

No, I am not implying that. I am just pointing out that it just reads strange, they c(sh)ould have worked it out differently, I think.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]It's cool that they put up a doodle to honor Robert Noyce. However, the glaring absence of a doodle commemorating the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor was offensive to say the least. Especially considering that later in the day on the 7th, they put up a doodle to honor some obscure artist that hardly anyone has ever heard of.[/citation]

Who in their right mind would commemorate the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbour? Maybe a few crazy japanese?

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
The 4004, 8008, 8080, 8088, 8086, 80286, 80386s, even the bastard childs 80188's/186's, all revolutionary for their time.....

Thank god for Ice Cream and Robert Noyce.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]f-gomes[/nom]Celebrates "a" father??? C'mon, guys...[/citation]

If you read the article he is considered to be one of two people who are credited with creating the microchip. So it is correct, he is A father, not THE father. I know, hard to believe considering all the grammatical mistakes people find in articles, but this one is not one of them.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]f-gomes[/nom]Who in their right mind would commemorate the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbour? Maybe a few crazy japanese?[/citation]

Umm...The American Government and I bet a decent majority of American citizens, they federally recognize the day, as a day of remembrance for those who died.

Definition of the word commemorate.

Recall and show respect for (someone or something) in a ceremony.
Serve as a memorial to.

Status
Not open for further replies.