Question Google Drive craziness

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Greetings,

I have been using Google Drive for over 10 years now. It worked exceptionally well, till last week!

Now, it doesn't log me in automatically after PC boot, and asks me to log in again.
OK, I try to log in, BUT, after 2FA is accepted, it says something really useful (well, it's Google....), like: "Something went wrong"....and that's it. I could try logging in 100 times, same result!

Start in Safe mode and try?? Tried that, same result.
Uninstalled and reinstalled app, same problem.

I am able to access Google Drive normally once I log in through my Gmail account (which, obviously, is the same as for the Google Drive). But the PC GoogleDrive app itself - which enables the PC to sync - is the problem and of course, can't sync anything because the app won't let me log in...because "something went wrong"!

Nothing has changed prior to this insanity, no hardware or software changes, Windows and PC are stable, no crashes that I could remember.
Windows 10, all updates, and yes, running everything as Admin.

Any ideas?? (I asked at Google Support forum but everybody is snoring over there)

Thanks in advance

Google Drive Error Message

Colif

Win 11 Master
so it is your account somehow. As it has to be if its on 2 devices suddenly.

did you try any of these?

I don't have it, but is there a way to update it? could be it needs a new version.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
so it is your account somehow. As it has to be if its on 2 devices suddenly.

did you try any of these?

I don't have it, but is there a way to update it? could be it needs a new version.

I use the same account on both laptop and PC. That worked for years, till 2 weeks ago. And that worked even on my mobile phone using the Drive app.

By the way, Google backup and sync app was discontinued about 2 years ago and replaced by (Google) Drive, so most of the suggestions in the article that deal with google backup and sync are not valid anymore.

I expressly added Drive to be allowed under the firewall, but still same result.

Right now, the only way to sync is to open Gmail, locate Google Drive folder from the available google products and dump the files there manually.....
Maybe it's time to find another cloud backup service, Box for example.

PS: Maybe Google is discontinuing its Drive (as it frequently does with its products!) and it's telling us indirectly to buggeroff!

Thanks for your help though, truly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS