Google Glass App Can Identify Your Friends by Clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelion

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Hmm...I can't wait for someone to create Google P0RN app, which enables the glass to see through clothing and any solid objects.

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Wondering WHY Google or anyone would come up with an app like this.I mean can anyone name a "legit" use for this ?[/citation]
Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't quite recall what a given person's name was ?
With this thing - that would hardly be an issue.
Just because people should be able to do math in their mind and on paper doesn't make calculators useless... Just because people usually remember others, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be spared the awkwardness when they don't.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Wondering WHY Google or anyone would come up with an app like this.I mean can anyone name a "legit" use for this ?[/citation]
surveilance of the population... get with the program bro.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Vestin[/nom]Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't quite recall what a given person's name was ?With this thing - that would hardly be an issue.Just because people should be able to do math in their mind and on paper doesn't make calculators useless... Just because people usually remember others, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be spared the awkwardness when they don't.[/citation]

If you don't know me well enough to remember my name, please just ask it.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
If the main selling point of this is to avoid the mildly awkward, infrequent instances of not remembering people's names, I hardly see it worth the huge privacy trade-off.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]IAmVortigaunt[/nom]If the main selling point of this is to avoid the mildly awkward, infrequent instances of not remembering people's names, I hardly see it worth the huge privacy trade-off.[/citation]
this type of attitude is the reason Id rather not have to ask.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]this type of attitude is the reason Id rather not have to ask.[/citation]
sorry, it seems that the wrong quote was inserted...
[citation][nom]IAmVortigaunt[/nom]If the main selling point of this is to avoid the mildly awkward, infrequent instances of not remembering people's names, I hardly see it worth the huge privacy trade-off.[/citation]

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]sorry, it seems that the wrong quote was inserted...[/citation]
[citation][nom]tokencode[/nom]If you don't know me well enough to remember my name, please just ask it.[/citation]
now, THIS type of attitude is the reason Id rather not have to ask.
can you say "awkward"?... I need those glasses more than I thought!

g-unit1111

Titan

Remember the Futurama where Fry used the X-Ray specs to win a contest? :lol:

[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]Remember the Futurama where Fry used the X-Ray specs to win a contest?[/citation]

This has to be the dumbest "invention" of recent times. Why would I want a device to identify friends that's what I have two eyes and a brain for. This is just pointless plain and simple. What a waste of money to the people that sponser these scientist they must be thrilled knowing thier money is going to such pointless research.

[citation][nom]Axelion[/nom]Hmm...I can't wait for someone to create Google P0RN app, which enables the glass to see through clothing and any solid objects.[/citation]

Now that I would pay for!

[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]Remember the Futurama where Fry used the X-Ray specs to win a contest?[/citation]

Actually the first thing I thought of when I read the title and saw the picture was the episode "Revenge of the killer app." where they stick "eye" phones in peoples eyes.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
And how is this limited to just your "friends"? I see nothing here that requires me to have ever met the person before. If I am going to scan a bunch of internet photos and build a database of subject based on fashion, then I don't think the app is going to concern itself with the abstract concept of friendship before making an identification. They are emphasisizing the "friends" aspect just to distract people from the obvious privacy concerns that this should evoke. What would you think if someone was walking around with a cell phone camera snapping pictures of you and and then running it though a database... because that is exactly what this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS