Google Glass Can Cause Eye Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
So, people actually didn't know this? Has no one ever looked up before, it does hurt so logic follows that a device where you have to look up would cause pain after a while.

everlast66

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
"Google Glass Can Cause Eye Pain"
Yep, especially when someone not happy about you putting a camera in their face throws a right hook at you!

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
If looking down is easier, then why does Google Glass not put the display there? We've had bifocals for a while now, with the reading glass part below and the distance (or plain, if not short-sighted) part above and these work pretty well.

dstarr3

Distinguished
"When someone is standing on their leg for a long period of time, the person begins to feel tension. That's not how the leg is normally used."

I've apparently been standing wrong my entire life.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I've used google glass quite a bit. Even developed for it. I never experienced the eye pain suggested by this article except when first trying it. However after developing and testing on it all day the problem I experienced was when I tried to go to sleep. When I shut my eyes I could still see a white rectangle of light burned into my eye by the google glass screen. It subdued after a day but was quite annoying. I can't imagine that having a bright screen that close to your eye is good for you.

ajr1775

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2014
The newer models get warm on the glass side of the face/head. Recommendation from Google.....take them off and let them cool down. I couldn't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.