Google Glass Going On Sale For $1500 One Day Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
...if we're talking 'next-generation' gadgets here, I'd much rather pick up an Occulus Rift DK2 for ~$350 and actually get some use out of it.

I remember some of the Glass testers made a comment that I couldn't agree more with: sure, it's neat, but what real reason do you have for wearing these? People were just leaving them sit because they realized there wasn't actually a good purpose in daily life for them...

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I've seen a few people with these on. I wouldn't want to look that ridiculous even if it were free. Also, it draws a lot of attention when you know you're being recorded.

G

For $1500, it better come with x-ray vision and the ability to see in IR and UV spectrums.

condorxiii

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

not supposed to be.

This ^^^ :) nailed it! This is only good for the industry, more developers to be able to get hands on it, more competitors to play with and either better or compete with and awesome that Google is starting to let a few more out. It's not supposed to be priced for every Tom, Dick and Jane. It's for either the organizations that need to get hands on one or the extreme technologists (if that's even a word, but everyone on Tom's knows that's what we are.)

Status
Not open for further replies.