Google Glass Hopes to Gain Cool Factor by Fashion Executive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Google glasses don't have any cool factor. Actually they have negative cool factor.

Glasses will be a struggle to gain any mainstream desire and it's not about price.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Google glasses don't have any cool factor. Actually they have negative cool factor.

Glasses will be a struggle to gain any mainstream desire and it's not about price.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I agree with wemakeourfuture, but for one difference...PRICE IS A HUGE FACTOR! Every single 'tech' friend I have spoken with agrees the two primary reasons they will NOT buy Google Glass is because of 1) Price!, and 2) just looks plain stupid wearing them in public.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I can't help but notice at the end of this article the "Remember that there was a time when smart phones were new...". Based on the following information, I believe they meant to use "cell phones" instead of "smart phones".

Ghost_Roadie

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Google has been pushing a product that is not for general population use in its current state, look at the recon-mod around 300$ for basically what glass does but with focus on an audience. As for making it "cool" not going to happen, beats headphones for example classified as cool and the general public laughs at how stupid people were to buy a label for 50%of what they paid (i know because I sold them and the margin on them was well into into the 55%range) but they just aren't cool to the kind of people who think having a screen on their face is a big deal.
Price is going to be a major factor, Ferrari are awesome to look at in magazines and online, even in person they are beautifully designed but cool factor is outweighed (often not always) by the unobtainability due to a massive price. If everyone had a couple grand to throw at a glorified blutooth headset then glass would be very mainstream popular. Glass will never be mainstream until it can be obtained by the mainstream population

Status
Not open for further replies.